Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New SB6R owner hello and help please.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwackerz1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Cheers for all the info and the welcome chaps.

Been for a spin out on the sb6r and very pleased with it so far, its not the animal the road tests claim it to be but its definitely a race bike for the road.

Its the gear rod thats been hitting the chain, so my plan is to make another and put a nylon bush on the bend to prevent it being damaged again.

I would like if possible to repair the clocks so I will use the info provided and also try the sources for the bodywork. Mine has a couple of cracks I have noticed.
I also tried contacting the german bimota place via email but no response back from them

I also intend to strip all the bolts off and grease them up as I think its sat around for ages and undoing everything they all seam tight.

My mate "Spongebob" also said the wheels weigh a ton (the end cans are now carbon on mine) but a couple of grand for dymags is beyond my current budget.

Thanks again guys it looks like this is an informative and friendly forum.

Very Happy Very Happy [/img]
stockcar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should be loads of clearance on the gear rod BUT it does have a crank to it so maybe simply misaligned........

hope these help

Spongebob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

kwackerz1 wrote:
Cheers for all the info and the welcome chaps.

Been for a spin out on the sb6r and very pleased with it so far, its not the animal the road tests claim it to be but its definitely a race bike for the road.

Its the gear rod thats been hitting the chain, so my plan is to make another and put a nylon bush on the bend to prevent it being damaged again.

I would like if possible to repair the clocks so I will use the info provided and also try the sources for the bodywork. Mine has a couple of cracks I have noticed.
I also tried contacting the german bimota place via email but no response back from them

I also intend to strip all the bolts off and grease them up as I think its sat around for ages and undoing everything they all seam tight.

My mate "Spongebob" also said the wheels weigh a ton (the end cans are now carbon on mine) but a couple of grand for dymags is beyond my current budget.

Thanks again guys it looks like this is an informative and friendly forum.

Very Happy Very Happy [/img]

Welcome to the club Phil! You'll find Bimotas contagious and you wont stick to 1. How about an SB6R shoot out at Snetterton on 2nd September? Fit Dymag carbon wheels and the bike is transformed handling wise. My speedo also played up when i got the bike. I found that by using the thing it came back to life and also became accurate again.
gary sb6r

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

had same problem with my speedo not working below 40mph.
Cured this by moving sensor (held on left hand brake fitting) closer to the magnets on brake disc bolts
speedo works soon as im moving now
Give it a go, but not so close it touchs the magnets
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gearchange will only work in one position so have a look at it and a fiddle about to find where it should sit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: