Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Riding with a Disability

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:38 am    Post subject: Riding with a Disability Reply with quote

I was fairly active here for a while until my wife's last accident. I'd shared with many of you about her 2003 accident and how her left leg was paralyzed, so we had to install a Pingel electric shifter on her bikes so she could ride again.

If you remember, back in 2012 she had another accident when a woman turned in front of her and she T-boned the car. Since then, I have not been very active with the bikes and the forums because we basically quit riding.

Well, since so many people were intrigued with her story, I decided to write a book of her motorcycle experiences, her accidents, and overcoming her disability to ride again. I am not sure how many of you are interested, but I figured I'd share with you that the book is finished and available. In the USA, it is offered on Amazon and our own website for the book. It is also available on many other country's Amazon sites. If you are interested, the title of the book is "If I Wrap It Tight Enough." Thanks - Terry

The book's website - www.IfIWrapItTightEnough.com
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
quikduk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this.

I'll get one ASAP.

Regards to you and your wife. I hope she gets better and continues riding if possible.
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quikduk wrote:
J
I'll get one ASAP.

Regards to you and your wife. I hope she gets better and continues riding if possible.

Thank you. We appreciate it.

She's been hitting the doctor's a lot the last few months trying to get some work done. Her back apparently has 5 or 6 slipped discs and a bunch of arthritis to go along with no cartridge left in her left knee, and her left ankle needs something done. She longs for the days she used to be able to ride hundreds of miles a day or 1000+ in a weekend. She once rode a SaddleSore 1000 on a stock ergo Yamaha R1. Shocked Very Happy It's actually in the book. Wink
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: