Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Clutch 500 v2 / Ducati ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moreno

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Clutch 500 v2 / Ducati ? Reply with quote

Hi guys, it's time to change the clutch disks in my 500 v .... the bike has only 3000 km. But when the engine enters the torque, the clutch no longer holds the power ...... I read that you can adapt the Ducati disks but instead of mounting 7 tracks, I have to mount 6 .... and right? which model of Ducati has the clutch plates compatible with the twin-engine 500? thank you
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there....nice easy one....Dry clutch packs from 1991 900ss...through to and including 900ssie, 916, 996 and 998...I think even the DS1000/1100....through to 1098 also...but people seem to charge more for the later series ducati clutch packs so may as well search for the earlier stuff....yup...there will be a spare odd plate here and there left over as the Vdue uses less plates.....the basket and pressure plate are different though from the Ducati ones...…..Barnett make Heavy duty billet clutch packs for these early ducs...but I recommend going cheap as the vdues eat clutch plates for breakfast...I think you've done well going this far...I changed my first set out at 1,000miles circa 1500kms

Theres no "adapting" just fit and forget...be sure to remove old pack in one unit and replace plates one at a time to get the same stack height
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: