Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bored

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Bored Reply with quote

All Bimotas officially Sorned and off the road....just a couple of 2-strokes to ride around on.....

Practical Sportbikes is merging with Performance Bikes to make one magazine.....Heres the history of what articles they did with Bimotas in them, and the issue number (Current SB6 and YB not included)...of which I was fortunate enough to be in 3 of them

BIMOTA

Bimota BB1 Supermono test 18
Bimota DB2 restoration and ride 22
Bimota DB2 buyer’s guide 69

Bimota SB4 restoration and ride 32
Bimota SB4 ride 55
Bimota SB4 test 84
Bimota SB6 ride 27
Bimota YB4ei test 23
Bimota YB8 11
Bimota YB4 YB7 YB10 knowledge 38
Bimota YB series family tree 41
Bimota YB4/YB6 buyer’s guide 54

Bimota collectors 58
wallaman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the list, but any chance you could include dates? Went to search eBay for a few, and all the listings have is a date. Didn't see the issue number on the covers.
Thanks.
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issue 97 (SB6 vs YB6) is November 2018, so you should be able to work it out from that. Me, I need my breakfast!
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frig me.....request for attention to detail above and beyond the call of Duty.....

Issue No. 50 is Dated December 2014...….so issue 62 would be December 2015.....Issue 38 would be December 2013....and so on and so on.....On the front cover of each issue there is a barcode with the issue Number and Date of each issue that should help...….

Issue 58 - Bimotaholics….(Actually called Bimotaheads….Why One Bimota is never enough....with 3 of us in there from this Forum was Issue No. 58 Dated August 2015.....

This nice fellow has that issue

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRACTICAL-SPORTSBIKES-N-58-70-80-90s-Bikes-NEW-Post-included-to-UK-Europe-USA/391813763294?epid=1039878054&hash=item5b39eb90de:g:afEAAOSwu4BVn7sK:rk:5:pf:0
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this thread was about bigger pistons Laughing

It's a shame PB is being merged
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
I thought this thread was about bigger pistons Laughing

It's a shame PB is being merged

Yeh...but sort of inevitable.....I had read that Practical Sportsbikes had the largest audience of subscribers in the UK for a bike Magazine.....and most folk buying a new Performance bikes are old crumblies like us that are also interested in Old bikes, restoring, classics etc....so sort of makes sense.....and gives them a new opportunity to ride and review more modern Bimotas and other bikes in the magazine also....I always thought that their "cut-off" date of 2000 meant they were going to run out of bikes to write about at one time or another...coming up to 100 Editions now
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the cut off date … no wonder I though the mag was a bit dull.
I realise the irony of having bikes from '89 and '95 but I have to say PS is a bit … well you know.
Horseheed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Shame about Performance bikes Reply with quote

Ye big shame about P.B. great mag, great road testers and great journos . I was fortunate enough to have my turbo katana I built some thirty years ago featured by Kevin Raymond in the mag , 212 bhp at the wheel was amazing then but now it's no big deal . Does anyone know if Kev is still out there ? It was his first Readers Special and it would be great to reminisce with him Cheers
stockcar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that the 'acid worm' Kat ??

Cant recall why or how long ago but i have been down to your home to buy some Suzuki bits (EFE or EZ ??) a good few years back
You live near a Shepherds stick........ Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: