Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB3 advice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duffsm2000

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: SB3 advice Reply with quote

Hi, considering buying a SB3 in UK and wondered if anyone knew anything about the one currently for sale in Newcastle ? Or if anyone is aware of any other SB3’s for sale in UK. Many thanks in advance. Stewart
Spongebob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go:

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5461

Looks a lovely bike and i have been watching it but with a full garage and an empty bank account.....
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, do not know anything about this bike or much about any other SB3 for that matter. Would just like to point out that it is equipped with Speedline wheels which had a reputation for cracking back in the day though some Ducatis are still running around on them to this day. SB3's also came equipped with Campagnolo magnesium 5 spoke wheels, which are available as new items from Marvic (at a cost). If you are concerned about the wheels you could always get them crack tested and use this in the price negotiation. Try to ensure everything is there, undamaged and working as finding replacements parts can be tricky.
I hope it works out well for you, these earlier Bimota models are only appreciating in value. Good luck.
Duffsm2000

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the replies, much appreciated
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask the dealer what the "genuine" mileage is on the bike....as I know the KMh speedo has been changed for a MPH one.....Clip ons are on wrong way around left is on right and vice versa...makes for clip-ons being higher up
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask the dealer what the "genuine" mileage is on the bike....as I know the KMh speedo has been changed for a MPH one.....Clip ons are on wrong way around left is on right and vice versa...makes for clip-ons being higher up
Duffsm2000

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW that’s an eye for detail re the clip ons, many thanks
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke quite often with the owner before he put it up for sale....I think he was still missing finding a suitable sized speedo cable drive at the time also.....and he did mention the speedo clock change over as originally it would only have come with a kms one be it Euro or UK intended sale....so having a genuine mph one on it gave it away that the clocks had been changed
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke quite often with the owner before he put it up for sale....I think he was still missing finding a suitable sized speedo cable drive at the time also.....and he did mention the speedo clock change over as originally it would only have come with a kms one be it Euro or UK intended sale....so having a genuine mph one on it gave it away that the clocks had been changed
Duffsm2000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From recollection and phone....owner was a man in his 60's ...Julian Bissett...Mobile number 07770 923678...hes the man that rebuilt it and I think still owns it as I suggested if sold through a dealer he may get a better price
Duffsm2000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks , as ever much appreciated, Stewart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: