Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Feet up for winter..............

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Feet up for winter.............. Reply with quote

no dabs allowed......................... Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely little things to hoon around on.....I used to play around on a Montesa Cota 348 and an Aprilia climber in my days living in Scotland beside loch Lomond......those things will go up and over everything....quite tiring standing up al the time though....what gives with you having one?...presumably not road regd?
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely little things to hoon around on.....I used to play around on a Montesa Cota 348 and an Aprilia climber in my days living in Scotland beside loch Lomond......those things will go up and over everything....quite tiring standing up al the time though....what gives with you having one?...presumably not road regd?
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

went to see a local trial and got hooked - more by the fact that the land is owned by the local motor sport club and for £95 per annum I get an access key and unlimited play time Very Happy
It allows me to play on bikes through the winter, which I miss since I stopped green-laning / enduro riding.
I might even enter a (easy) trial next year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean about winter...missing time out on bikes....little Ol' KDX220 fills in for that even if just honing about on roads coz I dont care so much about it if I was to have a spill....its just less than £100 for all new plastics if I was to tumble....

Easy trial??? Ho hum....I dont think they exist but sure...give it a go....where I used to ride around on my old air cooled KDX200...and my friends Montesa cota 348 the farmer got some much needed cash by renting his land out for the Scot 6 day trial...he had a few thousand acres of land....so I used to watch them each year on the KDX...…"simple" trials didn't seem to exist...but plenty of novices were there trying including my mate on his Aprilia Climber and wellington boots....Basically he would "enter" a stage...Then drag it 180 degrees around and exit.....but plenty of miles between stages were where he enjoyed it....."stages" were maybe 2 miles over 6 days....but inbetween off roading to get to each stage was a few hundred miles of boggy fun...and those bikes are light enough to drag over or out of anything....Buy a few spare sets of levers and go for it...Oh and a CO2 charge inflater….Zero tyre pressure for stages and then quick inflate with CO2 gas canister charger that fits in your pocket (you know the type...like used on Watneys party seven beer cans.....)...Enjoy..
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"easy" trial is following the white-flagged gates. Local motor club owns a very large tract of moorland (ex- army camp) which I can get unlimited access to. I have joined said club and volunteered my services as a section observer so I can watch and learn. Plenty of offers of tuition from club members too - they are a friendly bunch.
I won't be entering a "competitive" trial any time soon though.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feet off for Winter

Been in my ownership for nearly a year now and some 750 miles carried out without blowing her up......popped in to see my MOT man for some 2-stroke juice and his new KTM300 2-stroke off roader had just been delivered....he's fitting mousse inserts and new tyres...so I did a deal on his brand new never used factory fitted Maxxis the bike came with....his job is a tyre fitter so he threw in that part also if I brought my wheels in...so its new boots time for KDX...about time I too off the year 2000 dated tyres that were on it (first time in my life I've EVER bought a motorbike where the tyres were actually older than the bike itself...)...Apologies for shite piccie...cold, wet and dark outside

Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad has a twin shock Montessa 348 Cota
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
My dad has a twin shock Montessa 348 Cota

Killer kick starters from recollection....my mate was always moaning about his....until one day following a submerged track through a quarry he inadvertently strayed from the flooded tack and sank it 20 feet down in the quarry...….

That was an odd day convincing the site foreman to lend is his company landrover and a set of chains and winch.....went to put the chains in the boot of my car and he enquired as to why I had snorkel, face mask and fins in my boot...……..He didn't question the crotchless wet suit for some reason though....
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All now suited and freshly booted.....darkness and a daylight MOT stopped quick test ride so will await tomorrow....

New rim tapes, new inner tubes and spanky new Maxxis...larger profile so will be intrigued to test results

"What were you saying Madame??...You didn't see my 1,000watt headlight glaring down at you like a burning asteroid burying into the back of your retinas??"

Upgrade UFO Ghibli headlight unit has 60/65 dip and main halogen bulb and sidelight bulb. Standard unit is a lowly 20/21 watt...KDX wiring has one connecter...so rigged it up to high beam....plus theres just one handlebar button...lights on...or off....rear light is spring switched for brake light from back brake only.....Keep it simple....gave her a good washdown and fired up on first prod to dry her out...All set for winter and my usual Xmas day bike run if it aint raining....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: