Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Somethings Coming............
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per the title of the thread...."somethings Coming"...expected delivery over the weekend...something to tinker with over the Winter break...needs some light re-commissioning...….tyres....fuel lines, clean carbs and fresh fluids and fuel and top up battery.....2 wheels...Japanese engine....but...…...Has Bimota on both sides of the petrol tank...... Laughing

Will have to change my log-on name to "7Bims".....
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets see if we can get this post up above the 100,000 views.....as theres only one other post on this Forum that exceeds that mark....and thats ……"Post a picture of your Bimota" ….which has over 187,000 views....This post is currently at 99,813 views.....
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

45 views since I posted....nobody going to hazard a guess at to what it is yet? Arriving tomorrow or Sunday depending on Xmas traffic
atomibart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YB9 sr?
stockcar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've finally seen the light and bought an SB6R....... Laughing
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody 'ell atomibart, are you psychic! As I am now 'over-stocked' in my garage, 2bims has kindly offered me a berth in his Bimota 'den' in order that I can get some work done on my other bikes. And yes it is a YB9 SR in 2bims favourite colour 'sheep-dip yellow' Laughing
He seems hell bent on having a 'play' with it while it is there, and to be fair it does need some fettling along the lines he has indicated.
His help and generosity knows no bounds and I am exceedingly grateful (I will take a note of the mileage counter first Wink )
atomibart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's because I want one so much myself...but in Bugatti blue Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockcar wrote:
You've finally seen the light and bought an SB6R....... Laughing

I should have taken a punt on that Japanese Moto Corse SB6 before it didn't reach its reserve at auction and got broken down for parts to be sold on....boohoo....
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulDB2 wrote:
Bloody 'ell atomibart, are you psychic! As I am now 'over-stocked' in my garage, 2bims has kindly offered me a berth in his Bimota 'den' in order that I can get some work done on my other bikes. And yes it is a YB9 SR in 2bims favourite colour 'sheep-dip yellow' Laughing
He seems hell bent on having a 'play' with it while it is there, and to be fair it does need some fettling along the lines he has indicated.
His help and generosity knows no bounds and I am exceedingly grateful (I will take a note of the mileage counter first Wink )

Proverbial "cat out of the bag"...Bah Humbug...Mr Scrooge takes the fun out o Xmas surprise....you'll be telling me what my Crimbo present is next before I even get it under the "tree"....

Seriously though....if you wanted to drop off the new tyres I would get them fitted for free at my local friendly Motorbike dealers premises....I've dropped off their Xmas goodies to the Spanner monkies recently so may well still be in "favour" with them....They'd be better "on" the bike....and if getting her up and running proves simple enough....then it could be given a quick MOT and you could at least apply for a V5 for it...legitimises it more and its always better to have more than one Bimota road ready than just the one..come the time....

NB...you'd best be supergluing that "cable operated" speedo drive cable before dropping it off....they have a habit of coming loose and the cable falling out thus nilling any mileage clocked whilst riding..... Laughing

Last edited by 2bims on Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atomibart wrote:
Maybe it's because I want one so much myself...but in Bugatti blue Very Happy

I would have one in Bugatti Blue....although from memory (insert correct number please librarian PaulDB2)….only 20 blue ones were ever made...….

I'm still waiting for Laminator to say he has no use for his Gobert painted YB9 and has to find a good home for it...….. Laughing Laughing Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

97 views on this post since yesterday....shows how many folk view but dont actually comment...so still active on here
quikduk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to the party I see. Typical for me...

Enjoy working on that YB9 over the holidays. I have a host of vehicle things to get to so maybe I will be in a similar boat.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Lets see if we can get this post up above the 100,000 views.....as theres only one other post on this Forum that exceeds that mark....and thats ……"Post a picture of your Bimota" ….which has over 187,000 views....This post is currently at 99,813 views.....

errrr - no - a certain Tesi inspired post has over 113000 views too..............
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
2bims wrote:

errrr - no - a certain Tesi inspired post has over 113000 views too..............

O 'ello…..Xmas grouch has popped up....TBF I hadn't even thought to check the tesi section of posts.....Good 'Ol C3PO....deserves to be up there....has to be the number one most viewed bike on here then....think that my DB2 resto got up to 60,000 or so....and surprisingly the Duc 900ss suppassed it at 80odd 1,000...….

I dont suppose the buyer ever contacted you for more info or the bodywork did he??
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And over the winning line...……….100,070 Page views.....my task is done...and the bikes not even turned up yet.....will have to sharpen my spanners and weight up my bodge-it Lump hammer in anticipation until it arrives Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 24 of 36

Jump to: