Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Why We Ride to Quail Gathering 2019
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yb11reno

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: Why We Ride to Quail Gathering 2019 Reply with quote

Is anyone thinking about joining the why we ride group from Ventura to the Quail gathering in May? Signing up for the ride is $300, motels are about $280 each night. Was looking to split a motel room Thursday and Friday night if someone else is thinking about it.

Jack
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, I’ll be in the ride. I’m all squared away with lodging but look forward to meeting you in person. What you riding?
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
yb11reno

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to cancel the ride, I have a medical procedure that I couldn’t work around the ride. I may try to ride over from Reno Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. If I come, I’ll be on the Motus.

Jack
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s a bummer but hope it works out well for you. Hopefully you will make the show and we can meet then. All the best.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Why We Ride to Quail Gathering 2019 Reply with quote

yb11reno wrote:
Is anyone thinking about joining the why we ride group from Ventura to the Quail gathering in May? Signing up for the ride is $300, motels are about $280 each night. Was looking to split a motel room Thursday and Friday night if someone else is thinking about it.

Jack

Hhmmm....I'd absolutely Love to Jack...But.....I would have to take my "maybe a little bit more special DB5 than yours" Bimota over there to ride down....and I would hate to outshine your DB5Mille.....Although I know that you wouldn't mind....Now then....Flights and costs of flying a Bimota to the States, temporary import and reg....Wheres my Google button?.....
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Why We Ride to Quail Gathering 2019 Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Hhmmm....I'd absolutely Love to Jack...But.....I would have to take my "maybe a little bit more special DB5 than yours" Bimota over there to ride down....and I would hate to outshine your DB5Mille.....Although I know that you wouldn't mind....Now then....Flights and costs of flying a Bimota to the States, temporary import and reg....Wheres my Google button?.....

Excellent 2Bims, the more the merrier
2004 BMW R11S BCR
yb11reno

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, it’s just a subterfuge. He thinks if he shows up with one of his master pieces, it’ll break down our defense and we’ll both run out and buy more bimotas. Must maintain control. Step away from the checkbook. Nooooo.
yb11reno

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yes, I’ve been noticing that db7 too, that just came up for sale on the Mv Agusta forum. Hmmmm?
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yb11reno wrote:
No, no, it’s just a subterfuge. He thinks if he shows up with one of his master pieces, it’ll break down our defense and we’ll both run out and buy more bimotas. Must maintain control. Step away from the checkbook. Nooooo.

Doh!!!...Shouted Dick Dastardly….another fine plan of mine ruined....Come on Mutley...Back to the Drawing Board....we'll catch that darn Roadrunner yet....(more subterfuge)

I do have to correct you with just one snippet....but its mere interpretation of text....."A Masterpiece created by Bimota" merely in my temporary possession until such time etc etc....as it could be construed "one of his masterpieces" means I created it...THeres neither the ability or effort contained in any shred of my substantial self that could come anywhere near....This is why I buy Bimotas.....A good Man knows his limitations....As quoted by Mayor of Carmel....which I believe is a stopping off point on the Rally???....so some relevance...albeit he is not longer Mayor...Go ahead Punk...Make my Day....
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yb11reno wrote:

Doh...Shouted Dick Dastardly….another fine plan of mine ruined....Come on Mutley...Back to the Drawing Board....we'll catch that darn Roadrunner yet....(more subterfuge)

I do have to correct you with just one snippet....but its mere interpretation of text....."A Masterpiece created by Bimota" merely in my temporary possession until such time etc etc....as it could be construed "one of his masterpieces" means I created it...THeres neither the ability or effort contained in any shred of my substantial self that could come anywhere near....This is why I buy Bimotas.....A good Man knows his limitations....As quoted by Mayor of Carmel....which I believe is a stopping of point on the Rally???....so some relevance...albeit he is not longer Mayor...Go ahead Punk...Make my Day....
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yb11reno wrote:
And yes, I’ve been noticing that db7 too, that just came up for sale on the Mv Agusta forum. Hmmmm?

It’s a gorgeous bike but all yours Jack. The timing is a bit off for me. Just bought me a Saleen Mustang (mid life crisis finally kicking in?) plus theres another deal I’m circling...As for the check book, my wife has it in a secure undisclosed (to me) location. Smart gal.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, any updates? Hope you are feeling well enough to meet at the show. I'll pm you my cell number.

In the meantime, last minute preparations. Traveling light but will be bringing a good bike cover. thankfully, the cover will go with the support vehicle. 69 riders in all. Personally, I have never ridden in a group large as this one. One of my friends will be on an RZ350 and his brother on an RZ250.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2bims

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully you'll breeze past easily those RZ250/350's....I do like them...but its all Rose tinted glasses with those stink wheels.....compared to an in line 4 1000....or even me on my 900cc DB4....I came up to a set of lights once on a dual carriageway...and 2 No. reverse cylinder TZ250 yammies pulled up alongside...Oh fun I thought.....I gingerly pulled away...then cracked the throttle....got to the next roundabout looked in my mirrors to pick a line and see how close they were...and they were both specks in the distance as if they were still at the lights......I think they only work "mentally" if your 17 years of age and still weigh under 10stone with a 30inch waist.....40-50 somethings packing 50-100% more body mass and Nope....best consigned to memories and no more
mick

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject: why we ride to Quail gathering 2019 Reply with quote

hoy my pleasantly plump chum I'm not 17 but I still fit the rest of those qualifications .....so I'll take the TZ and when the visor comes down I'm 17 again !
yb11reno

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tirefriar, sorry i didn’t make it to the quail. Looks like you’re having excellent weather. I hope you’ll post pictures ( like last year) so we can see what we missed.

I see you’ve upped the number of steeds in your corral. 😁

Jack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: