Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Somethings Coming............
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE

Just back from Italy....up at 03.00 and returned back indoors at 19.30, thank you EasyJet

Price agreed but a few paperwork issues to check on and planning to collect the bike, pre Brexit. Before March 29th

It is a Bimota but that is all I can say until it is in my hands

Also....it is factory fitted with GPS......and badged as such....I never even knew.....something to do with the dash

Very intriguing

Photos to follow on pick up

Regards

Gavin

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Gavin, hope all goes well with it and we get to see some pics very soon
stockcar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBx or DB10 motard ??
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hhmmmm...intriguing ...The only Production model that I know was fitted with a GPS....and logo'd imprinted into the rear Bump stop vinyl pad was the DB7 Oro Nero....Not sure if the DB8 Oro Nero had it (never seen one)

As standard....it was imprinted with all the major race tracks around the World (25 in total)....so that you could track your lap times...speeds, braking etc....They had high hopes for the GPS link...so that future models you could download from the bike specific maps for specific race tracks...and alter and tweak not only fueling but the brake abs, traction control and suspension

Theres more details of their hopes with that system linked to the TFT dash in this test review....of the DB7 Oro Nero...Black Gold...not just a test of the bike but talking with the design managers, engineers and software programmer for the hopes of the new system/…

Words and tested by the veritable Alan Cathcart. who always gets into some of the interesting technical stuff instead of just ringing its Rollocks off on a racetrack...

Enjoy:-

Last edited by 2bims on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I don't know 2bims.

I know of others that have GPS fitted and superchuggers !!

2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That has GPS?...Isnt that just the show mock-up bike though...looks like Eicma?
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See....the world of Bimota and their following fans.

Okay, try as you might, I am not disclosing anything until I have it.

Fell into that trap many years ago with a monkey...thought I did the deal then some clown from the circus bought it.

Contacted Chas Mortimer regarding transportation....but too busy to comply before The end of March

Either we are stocking up ....or the Europeans are having a field day at our expense!

Best talk to the authorities and arrange suitable ferry crossings

Will keep you posted

BTW....update on the VLX DB7-11 due very soon....managed to locate one of the last parts and wiring is 60% complete.

Now looking for painters.

Any advise would be appreciated as my painter Tony the Paint, has lost his nerve but found LOVE and a boat!
and my fallback guy in Maidstone CT Motorcycle Paint, committed suicide just before Xmas

Regards

Gavin

Gavin944888

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well......I would love to announce that I have the Bimota holy grail.....but alas ....I cannot.

Just returned from Italy and I have to (totally) re set my thoughts and dreams.

I will post later today .....more to follow with pictures

Regards
Gavin

2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no......tragedy?....And heres little 'Ol me been eagerly awaiting updates....I was even going to call you to get first heads up, but then recalled you dont do mobile phone calls at weekends.....

Many apt quotes:-

If at first you dont succeed, try, try, try again

In order to succeed you must be prepared to fail

The man who never made a mistake never made anything

And

Rome wasn't built in a day

Commisserations to you Big fella....as a consolation prize I could offer you a free ticket to the upcoming Manchester Bike Show?...albeit a bit like losing a tenner and finding dog dirt on your shoe.....
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HHHmmmm........yes.

I had gone there with hopes of announcing a new unobtainable purchase.

There being the home of an Italian collector who has and had more bikes than I can count.

Unlike the UK Government ...I had a plan B which does not include crying and screaming.....here it is:

In the late 1980's, Mr Tamburini joined Cagiva and penned many bikes including my other section of my garage...the Cagiva elefants,

(He also sketched a 888 4 valve Elefant 10 years before the KTM adventure...I managed in 1999 to obtain the concept drawings and built a replica in 2001)

He subsequently penned the Ducati Paso and 916, as well as the Cagiva MITO and SuperCity.......this is where it gets interesting.

He moved to CRD (Cagiva Research Development in San Marino) but stayed loyal to the Cagiva brand and Varese factory even though Ducati (Bologna) went to TGP Venture Capital.

Then..............someone designed this.....

[img]IMAG0262 by Gavin Robertson, on Flickr
[/img]

Somewhere in the mix a Bimota V Due engine was sent to Varese....this I know...and it was sent down to San Marino for Mr Tamburini to inspect....Cagiva were not engine loyal...they used any power plant which fitted their designs.

[img]IMAG0261 by Gavin Robertson, on Flickr[/img]

There were many concept drawings kicking about....a 4 valve elefant...a Ducati ST2 engined elefant and .......Bimota V Due 500 engined SUPERCITY.

[img]IMAG0258 by Gavin Robertson, on Flickr[/img]

This I knew.... but needed confirmation of ...and that is what I got...along with a Supercity and a Vdue engine....hey ho the next great project.

[img]IMAG0260 by Gavin Robertson, on Flickr[/img]

And a kind of link or bridge between both sides of my garage.

With the mechanics of the DB7-11 VLX being complete I need something to get my teeth into.

The nice man in Italy is supplying a new engine minus the carbs and minus the oil pump and fittings....this will be a premix baby only.

It will take a couple of years but I am in no rush.....and I will document it.

So......nothing I can shout about, but at least another project....Smell the 2 stroke......

regards

Gavin

2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats pure Mind Boggling and Blowing indeed....Where theres a will theres a way....and if theres a Jock with big enough cahoonas…..then its sure to happen.

Very nice Supercity run around 125....didn't know about them....but I suppose its like most Cagiva 125's …..so highly engineered and spec'd up that not many made it to our shores due to high price compared to "run o the mill" Big Jap four alternatives...…

Even appears to have the double barrel shotgun pipes on the otherside AKA vdue.....its a twin cylinder 125 2-stroke is it?

What weight is that puppy?....slotting in a single crank twin vdue engine with up to 130bhp on tank is sheer lunacy...good on ya....from recollection the Vdue engine is some 46 kilos...or was it 36Kilos....I recall being able to lift Vorts display engine easy enough...certainly easier than a Ducati twin unit that is

Will you be splitting updates between Bimota and Cagiva Forums?....Franken Monster bring it on!!!
stockcar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically a Yam TDR250 on steroids.........brilliant
Bud977

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool. I've never heard of a Cagiva SuperCity. It will be interesting to see if you can shoehorn the VDue motor in there.

Here is a drawing of someone elses dream Vtwin powered Supercity.

Gavin944888

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUD 977.............yes I agree but only an artist impression from a non factory source.

Nothing like (old, as in fired) inside info:

from a similar source in San Marino....here's some more concept designs of an actual concept built bike....I dont know the engine but look BMW/HUSKY origin

BBX 300_5321 by Gavin Robertson, on Flickr

and here is another angle

BBX 300_5325 by Gavin Robertson, on Flickr

No images from the early 2000's.......just some concept design rumours (confirmed) and discussions.

Anyway.......I ma trying to formalize everything before the draw-bridges are wound up as of March 29th.

No more from me on this, until everything arrives and my engineering work on the design commences.

regards
Gavin

2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes....Its official.....Somethings Coming.....In fact...it is now marked as being exported and is now in the UK.....pending delivery "up North"....

Just the one picture for now...to tease....Its going to be a Show bike as its Zero mileage yet 12 years old...BUT...it will be shown...dragged here and there...in fact its probably done several thousands of miles throughout Europe...and even appeared at Harrods in London in their Shop window for a while...

I picked up my newly purchased and assigned private personalised ally pressed raised and enamel heat stoved number plate from my Reg plate man just yesterday

What??? I hear you scream….just one ruddy picture of a number plate and a nice man from Sunderland??

Oh Ok....just one more picture then for now...and thats it...that is until Monday....when I will upload a full rundown of shots for anyone thats interested...But...and heres the BIG BUT...I am requesting that at least 20 people scream YES please....as a test to see if there is anyone left out there on this Forum...as it does take time and patience to post and upload...

Nope
..changed my mind...just the one picture for now...

Last edited by 2bims on Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 27 of 36

Jump to: