Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Hoard of SB goodies!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spongebob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject: Hoard of SB goodies! Reply with quote

I went to look at an SB6 over Christmas that belonged to a former forum member. Said member hung up his Bimota interests 4 years ago and pushed his bikes to the back of the garage where they have sat ever since. I was only really interested in the SB6 but after an extended conversation and much head scratching we agreed on a deal that would see me empty his garage of anything Bimota related.

I therefore now find myself with not just an SB6 but also an SB6R Nuda, boxes of spares, an engine, tools, manuals, books, brochures, a Bimota jacket and some signage. I need to go through and catalogue exactly what's there and much of it will be sold on, most likely including the Nuda.

There was a degree of risk associated with this as the bikes were not stored properly and batteries were flatter than flat and the fuel in the tanks smelled a bit off...Everything was covered in an couple of cm of dust too which i have swept off and bagged. I will be selling this on eBay as "barn find dust" which when sprinkled over any car or motorbike doubles the value automatically.

Both bikes washed up beautifully though and are cosmetically in pretty good shape. I had a spare SB6R battery so I fitted that along with new fuel and the Nuda fired straight up but then decided to run on 3 so i suspect crud in a carb.

Here's a few pictures to be going on with.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/cfavVQYm.jpg?1[/img]

vort28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes , I know the exact person/garage and was going to look at said haul but decide against it due to time/storage constraints .
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed...even a copy of the bible...well done...at least the bikes will be breathed back into action and thats a good thing....I tend to use Bimota specific Facebook pages nowadays to shift on Bimota things...directly targets all Bimota owners out there directly to their phones....theres around 6 or 7 Bimota specific Facebook pages now...best not use the one set up by the Owner of those bikes and bits though eh???
Spongebob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Very nice indeed...even a copy of the bible...well done...at least the bikes will be breathed back into action and thats a good thing....I tend to use Bimota specific Facebook pages nowadays to shift on Bimota things...directly targets all Bimota owners out there directly to their phones....theres around 6 or 7 Bimota specific Facebook pages now...best not use the one set up by the Owner of those bikes and bits though eh???

He knows! Yes Facebook is great selling medium. No fees and buyers are genuine.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, let me know what you have Wink

How is he ???
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spongebob wrote:
2bims wrote:

He knows! Yes Facebook is great selling medium. No fees and buyers are genuine.

Thats what I've found....instant hit also...I've already found you a buyer for the electronic SB6R clocks....some bloke on one of the Bimota Facebook sets was after a set advertised but he was too slow..as in he only said yes 20mins after they were advertised but they were already sold to another...I've passed on your name and link to this forum as I dont think he's on here....Darek Tabor is his name on Facebook...seems i'm a "friend" of his for some reason......
brian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Ah yes , I know the exact person/garage and was going to look at said haul but decide against it due to time/storage constraints .

That's a shit excuse Stu Rolling Eyes Laughing
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
vort28 wrote:

I know !!! But the thing is I know what I am like , and if I had gone to see Oily I would have bought it , and then knowing what I am like I would have then kept most of it !!! Even though I would have only been buying it for the 2 pairs of carbon wheels !!!!!! Shocked and should have been selling the rest !!!
Best thing is not to put temptation in may grasp !!!

Strange thing is WHY Oily did not choice to advertise on here TBH
stockcar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed would have been very interested........
brian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
brian wrote:
vort28 wrote:

I know !!! But the thing is I know what I am like , and if I had gone to see Oily I would have bought it , and then knowing what I am like I would have then kept most of it !!! Even though I would have only been buying it for the 2 pairs of carbon wheels !!!!!! Shocked and should have been selling the rest !!!
Best thing is not to put temptation in may grasp !!!

Strange thing is WHY Oily did not choice to advertise on here TBH

His departure from the forum was very swift and very quiet, I wasn’t sure what had happened to him Shocked
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
hippotech

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hoard of SB goodies! Reply with quote

"a Bimota jacket "

Any more details on this?

Thanks
Greg
Spongebob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Hoard of SB goodies! Reply with quote

hippotech wrote:
"a Bimota jacket "

Any more details on this?

Thanks
Greg

Black cordura jacket by "Bimota Rider Equipment". Size large with subtle Bimota branding to breast, arms and back. Bimota logo on all fastners. Removable liner and CE armour to back, elbows and shoulders. Looks rather smart! I'll probably keep this as it fits me and i did need a new jacket Very Happy
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoard of SB goodies! Reply with quote

Spongebob wrote:
Black cordura jacket by "Bimota Rider Equipment". Size large with subtle Bimota branding to breast, arms and back. Bimota logo on all fastners. Removable liner and CE armour to back, elbows and shoulders. Looks rather smart! I'll probably keep this as it fits me and i did need a new jacket Very Happy

Tease
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: