Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

db7 cush drive rubbers and forks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Taylor wrote:
Just had an idea. Given up looking for new rubb. Going to get ne metal collar made up 0.75mm and 1.5mm oversize od. Take up the skack ln the rubbers. Sorted. Will let youknow how it looks. Thanks again for all your help.

Not sure how long they will last. Most likely the problem with yours is that the rubber is old and brittle. They will eventually break up
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming that you would retain the same size internal diameter on the metal bushes or else there would still be the same slack with the head bolts of the sprocket carrier ...thus you would be increasing the wall thickness of the bush itself?....Its not what I would do....but if they are £15 a piece for the correct rubbers and new collats it would be a cheaper option I suppose...But...again....its not what I would do but it is your bike and not mine... Confused
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
Bob Taylor wrote:
Just had an idea. Given up looking for new rubb. Going to get ne metal collar made up 0.75mm and 1.5mm oversize od. Take up the skack ln the rubbers. Sorted. Will let youknow how it looks. Thanks again for all your help.

Not sure how long they will last. Most likely the problem with yours is that the rubber is old and brittle. They will eventually break up

Yup.....I'm with Brian.....Its a case of "spoiling the ship for a ha'penny of tar"...These cush drive rubbers could now be over 12 years old...Modern looking bike but now getting on a bit....thats the thing with most bimotas...can still look bang up to date...but you have to respect their age.....increasing the collat thickness and reducing rubber thickness...on already on its out rubber...puts more "snap" into the chain drive and less cush….Then its the sprocket splined front drive shaft taking up more of the impact and its seal also....Just saying...thats all...If your tyres were worn out would you fit an a8 inch wheel to retain the same ride height and set up? Shite example but you may get my drift....Do you have a front sprocket crankcase protecter fitted? In cases of Ducatis snapping their chain it tends to whip into the crankcase knocking a hole in and then depositing 4.5 litres of hot engine oil all over your back tyre whilst riding.....tick tock....
Bob Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have picked you up wrong. Where do i get the new rubbers from. They need to be 38mm od. 20mm id. And 15mm tall. Cheers
Bob Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better let me kno about the crsnkcase protector as well lol. Best do sll of it at once. Get I’ve got jap and brit bikes as well. They just work straight out of the box lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: