Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Manchester Bike Show - 2019 -
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: Manchester Bike Show - 2019 - Reply with quote

Yup...next weekend 23rd and 24th March....its Manchester Bike show once again...that I'll be attending...not the big Hoorah of 2017...but a "presence" at least

PaulDB2 will be down there with his YB6...and hopefully...if he gets off the internet and sofa and into his garage...his faithful recreation of the Daytona winning Honda CR750 race bike will be there also...Just completed...of which I've had the "utter" pleasure of assisting where and when he allows to me twiddle and assist...which fortunately isn't often...teehee...besides which I'm still twiddling with sheep dip YB9

I'm dragging 4 or more bikes down there...Mister Vincent and his mate chris are attending...as will be Mick of the Oro Nero fame.....I'm tarting around over the weekend on 3 separate stands but Bims and me..."2bims" will be present over the entire weekend...and Chez "2bims" has AirB&B lodgers again this year

Please excuse the general download here...but I'm pushed for time...as I'm prepping to pick up my latest Bim with my bi-annual trip to europe to collect like I did 2 years ago with Geekay to get his SB6R.....and I've still to prep some bikes for the show

Link to Mcr Bike Show

http://www.manchesterbikeshow.com/

I think maybe BimotaAndy is going to be there also??/ But on a Guzzi owners stand...Booo...Boooooo

Pauls YB6, that will be there...No doubt I'll be doing my annual clean of the wheels and the nether lower regions that Paul struggles to get down to...or he just likes to see me grovelling at his feet whilst he parades and lords over me..."polish harder...put your back into it...you missed a bit...rub on...wipe off..."

And...I hope he doesnt mind this...but then he shouldnt be on here, as he's under the crunch timewise to finish this bike for the show in just 5 days time...and he's coming with me on my jolly to europe to keep me company...as is Mick...snap shots of freshly painted bodywork for his CR750

Get down to the show and you'll be able to see it...hopefully

Last edited by 2bims on Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continued download general dump.....of life and the hereinthereafter….

Sheepdip yellow is buttoned back up and freshly restored rad and pipes in place and newly rebuilt rear shock...what a Bee-aitch to fit they are...tolerances tighter than Pauls wallet.....

2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courtesy of the wonderful Paolo Girotti of BimotaClassicParts, he has sent over a gift pack to advertise his wares at the show...and I'm busy refreshing my Bimota Tat display box for the event in Mcr next week

Old box....painted now and drying and then it will be stickered up

BCP merchandising....most of much will be given away to BimotaForum members that turn up at the show (BimotaUK FB members no longer posting on this Forum are "excluded"...teehee)

Open the box...open the Box!!

Free rides for kids under 6....Not..I repeat NOT for 60+ year olds that act as if theyre 6...will also be for sale as part of my Big Clear out for retirement in the Sun

Also present at the Show will be my Ducati 900SL/SS reinvention full Nut and Bolt resto...on the Ducati Owners Club stand (I told you I would tarting around between stands at the show...4 of them in fact)

AND...this bike will be for sale!!!!!!...Yup...she no longer fits with my stable and I've had my fun out of her

2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also For Sale....but not at the Bike Show obviously.....are the following items...as my home is now sold and as part of the deal and 10% deposit paid its undergoing a refresh to the new owners tastes (not mine)...Plus I have to get rid of some nice tat that wont be going with me.....

Hand painted Oils on ancient Egyptian Papyrus paper, in satin black wood frames....Black and Gold Oils....doesnt really go with the Red Duc...never did...so change is needed

Also Going are some Charles Rennie Mackintosh Art Deco Solid brass candlesticks (carbon lid not included)

Also under the hammer is a Waringer and gillows curved draw and back and sides "side table" desk with solid genuine black/white italian marble top

Circa 1920...made in Lancaster UK

Also for sale is a Walnut "gentlemans box"....with all the contents

All hand carved one piece top

Horsey inspired gold and silver tops to the aftershave bottles

The clothing brushes and parts of the set inside are hand in laid into the ebony wood with solid silver monograms of the Letter "M"...as in for "Micheal" or "Mick" or any other name beginning with M..can't think of anymore meself...of course..if you turn it upside down and your name is "William" or "Will-I-Am"...youre equally sorted...

Genuine watercolour paintings...theres a set of 3....I dont do "copies" or prints...its genuine hand crafted one -offs or I dont bother....I consider these part of my "5-a-day" as they reside in my kitchen

2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Told you all it was a general "download" dump...as I've been really rather busy with life, death and everything in-between recently...topped off with my friggin Fridge freezer packing in on me yesterday...I blame that packet of Quorn that I was made to buy for a veggie that came round for chilli Sin Carne one night....

Offski now...for anyone interested in anything or updates on my life...you either know already or can email, phone, WhatsApp..messenger etc.....Small European break next week pre Mcr show as has become sort of a ritual to pick up my New...well..at least "new" to me...Bimota....be kind to me boys...I'm feeling like a virgin once again on this one...….Courier sorted for Thursday to get it out of Europe and into the UK pre-Brexit...…..

Bike comes with Packing crate stand, Ownersmanual...workshop and spare parts manuals...2 keys..and even a Bimota cover...so evidently I must be paying the right price for the owner to throw all that in as well...One owner from new....needs a little light recommissioning ...still on Original tyres...so we all know what "light recommissioning means Dont we????

So

Ahem/////I'll just leave this here....(Please dont anyone tell Oily...)...

Laughing Laughing
brian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All looks very nice 2bims.... sorry i'll be missing the Mcr bike show again this year. Mmmm free Bimota goodies
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
vort28-2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you not buy the Oily haul 2bims? SB6 fully overhauled as per his thread many years ago, but sat for a few years , SB6R again sat for a few years oh and both with Carbon wheels, and then a garage full of stuff for resale . Thought that would be right up your street 2bims , plus it was 'CHEAP' .
stockcar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it had been common knowledge then i would certainly have been very interested.......
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28-2 wrote:
Why did you not buy the Oily haul 2bims? SB6 fully overhauled as per his thread many years ago, but sat for a few years , SB6R again sat for a few years oh and both with Carbon wheels, and then a garage full of stuff for resale . Thought that would be right up your street 2bims , plus it was 'CHEAP' .

Thats a simple one oh "son of Vort".....Me and Oily never quite got on with each other despite never having met....I summise it was because I was creeping up from the low post levels up the ranks to "most prolific poster"...ad we had an "off Forum Spat"...shortly afterwards he moved into the woods and was never heard of again.....So I dont think I'd have got the best price from him....thats if he would even open the door to me that is
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....Pauls CR750 is all buttoned up and ready to go the Manchester Bike Show this weekend...together with his YB6...which is parked alongside in the garage...I asked Paul....following a "point" made by my brother...what was the noticeable difference between the bikes....Hhmmm.....One is a foot taller due to the Old Skool Bubble screen....yeh...so what...."do you have a tape measure?"....Why?...Coz I dont think it will fit in your van with the screen on...teehee….Oh I did chuckle when we discovered the van door opening was 6 inches shorter than the height of the bike....Oh well...screen off time ...Anyhow...HEres his sterling work and graft showing through on his Recently built CR750 Honda....fellow should be very proud and he certainly knows how to work to a deadline....Now....what can I ask him to build and get ready for next years Show????...Hhmmm...Oh...and Maybe...just maybe IF...there is enough interest from persons out there..>I could be persuaded to do yet another "bimota stand"....of course several Key players and contributors would have to be on board...some of which...no names...It would be good to meet up with again...

And my garage is now set up for the collection of bikes that I'm taking down

Vdue is going under cover with Trofeo clothes on

And..Bimota Classic Parts memorabilia will be down there also in the new funky ash black dispaly box that looked like this

And after a Poundland shop black rattle can breeze over...and some stickers looks like this

with goodies inside

and even fun for the kids will be down there

Off now for my Jolly to Mainland prebrexit Europe.....Hhmmm...tentavive about seeing my "new Bim" in the flesh and checking it out further than I have done from afar previously....Courier can still be cancelled
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great week capped off by the Manchester Bike Show. Only 2 Bimotas present this year, 2bims took his Vdue to exhibit with the UK Two Strokes crowd and I took my YB6 Exup as a private exhibitor alongside my Honda CR750. Oh, almost forgot, the YB6 picked a plaque as runner-up in the Post 1990 class.

Some of the other nice bikes around

Award winning Gold Star

Yamaha TA125 race bike

Stunning RD700 special

Bacon slicer Guzzi single with alloy dustbin fairing

Interesting Suzuki GS-T500 hybrid, not sure about the wheel colour though

Harris's were well represented

Heavily modified Katanas were plentiful also

And finally a rare Moto-Martin Suzuki, unfortunately on a Q-plate but would make a great project.
Apologies about the photos not being too sharp, I could say it was artistic intent, but I haven't gotten around to sorting the settings for the poorer lighting indoors.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Told you all it was a general "download" dump...as I've been really rather busy with life, death and everything in-between recently...topped off with my friggin Fridge freezer packing in on me yesterday...I blame that packet of Quorn that I was made to buy for a veggie that came round for chilli Sin Carne one night....

Offski now...for anyone interested in anything or updates on my life...you either know already or can email, phone, WhatsApp..messenger etc.....Small European break next week pre Mcr show as has become sort of a ritual to pick up my New...well..at least "new" to me...Bimota....be kind to me boys...I'm feeling like a virgin once again on this one...….Courier sorted for Thursday to get it out of Europe and into the UK pre-Brexit...…..

Bike comes with Packing crate stand, Ownersmanual...workshop and spare parts manuals...2 keys..and even a Bimota cover...so evidently I must be paying the right price for the owner to throw all that in as well...One owner from new....needs a little light recommissioning ...still on Original tyres...so we all know what "light recommissioning means Dont we????

So

Ahem/////I'll just leave this here....(Please dont anyone tell Oily...)...

Laughing Laughing

Oh dear oh dear.....what is it when you read words "on the internet"...that you have a sense of believing in every word.....and you have trust in the person that wrote those words....and a little time passes and a trip over to Europe is planned and made....and then …..the words written about something, or a bike, especially a "bimota" start to differ so so widely from the actuality when stood in front of what you actually went to see ……

Thus I have to report....that I am not now a Bimota SB6 owner....the trip over to Europe was well worth the visit...some fun was had on the way there and back....with some decent nice folk.....But there aint no SB6 Raspberry Ripple coming back to Blighty Pre-Brexit...nope nope....

Dont be feeling sorry for me though...as I did use the trip as an oppurtunity to view some other Bimotas....AND...am happy to report that a New Stable mate has been acquired...after some hard negotiating....And...for the first time in my Bimota buying from overseas experience...I was actually there to help physically load the bike into the Couriers Van myself and wave it on its way back to the UK whilst I remained inside Europe...The courier was pre-arranged so had to be paid for and thus I intended to use the service...especially as it was a "favour" to chuck one in pre-brexit....(this was all before Extension to Brexit)...I have to say once again...Chas Mortimer and his Bike Courier Services...the man himself...70 years young this Year...and his Driver Paul....Fantastic service offered as always....heartily recommend their services if you need a bike picking up or dropping off.

Update as of Yesterday....Its now in Britain....phew.....Only ruddy issue now is ...its stuck down south with no vans heading up to Mcr or anywhere else.....and all due to "Brexit extension"...the courier folk are cashing in by continuing mad dashes across to europe and back with cars and bikes and theres no deliveries or pick ups for bikes only to remain in the UK....BooHoo...I will have to be patient
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patience, dear boy, patience Laughing, And cheers for the help pre-show.
brian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commiserations to you on missing out on the SB6 2bims. So now we know it’s NOT an SB6 Rolling Eyes
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

were the fork top caps on the CR750 overlooked when it came to finishing it or are they the only bit of original "patina" on it? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: