Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB2 parts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
welshlamb

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: DB2 parts Reply with quote

OK, with a low expectation but a lot of optimism...

Have decided I will not be updating the 750 motor fitted to one of my DB2 project bikes so revised ‘wants list is now

- Seat/tank unit (or just seat and bum stop)
- petrol flap and set lock if not fitted to above
- Petrol tank
- DB3/4 frame caps (with machined ‘ Bimota B’ as per post below)
- clip ons (original)

Thanks or all the offers so far which includes some of the above and others I'm keeping an eye on.

PS these are for a rebuild, not to keep as spares.[/b]20th Oct:- HOORAY!! Now have all the main bits although my 'outstanding' list still has many small parts on it but non are 'bimota specific'. Phew!!
Once again thanks for the help and leads along the way.

Last edited by welshlamb on Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPH speedo is about the "easiest" as its "just" a white faced veglia unit...same as on Ducati 750/900 ss from 1991 -1999....also Ducati 851 and 888....And I have a spare one also but with high mileage on it....Front discs can be bought new as Repro.....2wheel classics in Warrington...But Thats evidently down to whether you can find a LHS fork leg....Hhmmmm….

Lowest mileage and cheapest I could find...and in France...so no import duties...as of yet...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-600-750-SS-Supersport-UK-Specification-MPH-Speedo-Speedometer-Compteur/163649150752?hash=item261a3fdf20:g:KXcAAOSwICJcsupe&frcectupt=true
welshlamb

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject: All sources investigated Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw the French unit. About the best I’ve seen in the last few weeks I’ve been looking. Most have been in USA and Full clocks/panel. . A couple of rough units in UK only. Was spoilt on my last resto cause I got a low mileage unit in UK for only £40!

Early days yet (he says!)

Cheers

Got some more photos and seller confirmed all working fine when taken off last bike so NOW MINE!

Last edited by welshlamb on Sun May 05, 2019 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
rOLLI

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
available in germany, perhaps this helps :
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/bimota-db2-tank/1112253930-306-9038

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/bimota-db2-rennverkleidung-komplett-set/1084120638-306-7157

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/neu-paioli-gabel-mit-bruecken-bimota-db1-db2-bb1-supermoto-yb9-sb6/1070755058-306-1396

I can support in translation, if needed.
Roland
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good finds there Rolli….as ever.....I do like this "ebay GErmany" website....but is it intended for within GErmany only...Or for local pick up only and NOT for items to be posted?? Reason I ask is that these items dont show up if I search Ebay.de....or Ebay..the world if I set my parameters to ALL items everywhere?

Tank is a DB2 unit....Forks are 43mm....DB2 are 41mm so you would need to change the yokes to get them to fit....No wheel spindle included but thats probably the easiest part to get made.....Nice forks...that have been Tin gold treated also...
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And heres your spare front disc for the other side of Junior...and yup...this is exact same items as DB2 uses....So....its just the rear wheel and seat and bump stop you now need...and you know where the last 2 are...you'll have to "break the bank" and just ruddy phone the bloke up....its generally the only way to sort things out...Oh...And I know where theres a rear wheel...wink wink....SO....youre all done...that must a Bimota World record....Less than 24 hrs for such a list of Unobtainable items...all sorted

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/brembo-320-mm-bremsscheibe-bimota-yb6-gold-oro/1102461477-306-11645
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...as regards the brake disc...It may be close to its limit....I recall theres a 4.5mm wear limit stamped on the edges and this one says its at 4.85....But...TBH...thats probably got another 10,000 miles left in it...I can check if you want
welshlamb

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rOLLI wrote:
Hi,
available in germany, perhaps this helps :
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/bimota-db2-tank/1112253930-306-9038

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/bimota-db2-rennverkleidung-komplett-set/1084120638-306-7157

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/neu-paioli-gabel-mit-bruecken-bimota-db1-db2-bb1-supermoto-yb9-sb6/1070755058-306-1396

I can support in translation, if needed.
Roland

Hi Rolli

Thanks for the leads. I do try and keep in touch with Kleinanziegen but its always annoying that you can only order the results as either
- newest results
-cheapest first
The last option means scrolling backwards to finf larger items...very frustrating.....

anyway
Tank is very expensive (for me) so I will pass for now

I really only want a half fairing. I've found a replica maker but posted just in case someone has an original gathering dust (Ha Ha!)

The forks look nice but I would have to check further to check suitability.

The DB2 FE came in both 41mm (Oscam wheel) and 43mm (antera wheel) fork versions . The 'gabelbrucke@ were very different but I'm not sure what reason for change was. To me it looks like there is enough material to machine out the standard 41mm forks but then again maybe not worth risking.

I'll wait until I get my old bike to check! What I dream is that someone crashed their (41mm fork) bike on RHS only and that that they have LHS still. To Own a Bimota needs optimism/luck/persistence I think. I will send message to the seller in any case so we have a contact for later.
rOLLI

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck and thanks for reply, so far Roland ....
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll laugh here.....Oh you will....Rear wheel just as you asked for...with sprocket, cush drive assembly and rear disc and carrier ...An oscom Bimota branded one....in the right size you asked for...Why will you laugh?....See where its for sale from

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIMOTA-SB7-1994-REAR-WHEEL-AND-DISC-17-X-5-50-GENUINE-OEM-LOT1-1C878/230935813227?hash=item35c4d8dc6b:g:mD4AAOxyaTxRLGEG

I also note that they have a genuine Ducati 400F3 motor out of a ….Guess?? Bimota DB2 Junior for sale.....
welshlamb

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Centrepoint Qld Reply with quote

I’m sure someone here said that cEntrepoint hot on a scheme to import loads of bikes broken down so that they were rated as ‘spares’ rather than complete bikes to get around the (dumb?) Aus import rules. No probs with that but they do seem to delight in only partially rebuilding the bikes and then selling off the ‘extra’ bits to make extra bucks. Shite really but Heh ho!!
welshlamb

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Oh...as regards the brake disc...It may be close to its limit....I recall theres a 4.5mm wear limit stamped on the edges and this one says its at 4.85....But...TBH...thats probably got another 10,000 miles left in it...I can check if you want

And on that basis I’ll go for it!!
welshlamb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current status. (Including disc!) now shown in update to the first post. Thanks all for the help so far including those who’ve PM’d me.
welshlamb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and just to add to my list... does anyone have a spare DB4/3 frame cover they are prepared to sell?

free image uploads

just need ONE for my project
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you need one of those for? youre "just" doing DB2's aren't you? Or is it for an open clutch cover with central Bimota "b" frame plug aka DB5R/DB6R and Brian?...I can get you one if you want....or just buy the 2 that centrepoint have for sale in Oz on their ebay site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: