Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6R for sale in the UK

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hendersoniain

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: SB6R for sale in the UK Reply with quote

For sale is my SB6R. It's a UK model bike bought new in 1998 by the first owner. I bought the bike in 2000 and have owned it these last 19 years. The bike is in good original condition. It has done 5700 miles and when it wasn't being used it lived in my living room as piece of Italian art Very Happy .

The good:
It's in original condition with both keys, the original key fob, the original hand and service books that came with the bike. It runs and starts a treat. When it wasn't being used it lived in a centrally heated living room up until last year and has always had a yearly oil change and service. The rear tyre has done less than 200 miles. Battery is brand new. Genuine UK bike with mph clocks.

The bad:
There are some small cracks around the screw holes that hold the belly pan onto the fairing side panels. The odometer currently reads 28 miles as the bike was left without a battery in it for 6 months whilst moving house and it reset itself to 0! The bike has done just under 5700 miles in total. There is a small stone chip on the petrol tank. The inner fairing panel has a small hole drilled in it for an LED from the alarm it used to have - the alarm has since been removed when it packed up.

The ugly:
Side stand chrome has some rust bubbling through - probably needs removing and re-chroming.

Having said all that the bike is in a completely original and good overall condition. Bike is MOT'd until December but happy to put it through another MOT at point of sale.

Main reasons for sale are lack of space in new house to look after it properly and just me getting a bit to old for it with all my aches and pains.

I'm asking for around £5500 for it and the bike is in the Scottish Borders for viewing. If you want more details and pictures or to view then just PM me.

Bud977

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike with a great price. Good luck with the sale.
brian

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, nice bike and a very reasonable price. I’m a bit surprised that the odometer has lost its memory, I wonder if there’s a way to get the correct miles back on?
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Aprilia models seem to have similar problem when the battery goes dead. This is an excellent offering and a great way for someone to enter the very exclusive world of Bimota or expand on their very exclusive collection Cool
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
hendersoniain

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments guys. I was hoping to put it up for a fair price and it sound like I've got it about right Very Happy . Hopefully somebody will give it a nice new home.
hendersoniain

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let everyone know the bike has now been sold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: