Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

1995 SB6 fuel petcock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ebay vac tap showed up and the little filter in it is junk - absolutely too small to feed the 1100... so I did some research - the ebay listing listed it for SRAD and SV650 - on the SV650 fische it has a similar little drinking straw, and it feeds a vac operated tap. On the SRAD, it has nothing... because it's fed from the fuel pump which is in tank and has it's own pickup screen - which makes me wonder about the suitability for gravity feed as per in the SB6. I'm going to pull apart the junky little chinese one and look at the internals, see if it's internally up to the job.

Managed to pull apart the wierd disconnect on my tank - turns out it's actually a tap of sorts - may be from a scooter, looks very undersized.
This is clearly getting more difficult than it needs to be. Sigh.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fuel pipes on mine are 8mm int dia from memory - I calculated a 12mm int dia to combine the two.
On my six the fuel lines go below the carbs (back of the block above the gearbox) if you go above the airbox the bike will fuel stave after high revs
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
The fuel pipes on mine are 8mm int dia from memory - I calculated a 12mm int dia to combine the two.
On my six the fuel lines go below the carbs (back of the block above the gearbox) if you go above the airbox the bike will fuel stave after high revs

Ultimately the Needle and seat on each carb is the limiting factor in fuel flow - I haven't measured the BS40s, but other gravity fed Mikunis are 3 or 3.3mm from memory - so a single 6mm orifice is equivalent.
Good tip on the hose routing, thanks!
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo what's the bet that the thread size on the Bimota petcock adaptor is M16x1.0? Was poking around bevel heaven and found *this*
https://store.bevelheaven.com/Carb-Fuel-Related-etc/Fuel-Tap-16-x-1.0-High-Flow-ON-OFF/

Which if you look carefully at the pics has a left/right threaded nut, just like the original Paioli vac tap....
brian

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gammaboy wrote:
Soooo what's the bet that the thread size on the Bimota petcock adaptor is M16x1.0? Was poking around bevel heaven and found *this*
https://store.bevelheaven.com/Carb-Fuel-Related-etc/Fuel-Tap-16-x-1.0-High-Flow-ON-OFF/

Which if you look carefully at the pics has a left/right threaded nut, just like the original Paioli vac tap....

Nice find Ben! I think you might be on the money there. The connecting nut definitely looks like mine. I can measure mine to make sure, but I won’t be home until Monday. I like the fact that this one has a manual on/off valve rather than a vacuum valve. I’ll have to check to see if it can be access with the bodywork on too
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might find a single feed and split into two by the carbs easier and the fuel hose would be tidier too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: