Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB8 Builds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
who

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a bit of an update.... The bike is coming to completion. It is now running, it's been an epic job.

For example you can't route the exup cables unless you put them in place prior to installing the swingarm. Rolling Eyes

Tomorrow I will wash up the seat unit and install it, and that will be that part buttoned up.

Here is a novel way of dealing with the YB carb balancing problem. traditionally I would just used a Yamaha FZR1000 or the like, but didn't have one here atm. I can't recommend the Morgan Carbtune 2 carb balancing tool highly enough. It is a sensationally thought out and engineered product.

https://www.carbtune.com/

So an industrial vacuum cleaner some plumbing fittings and and radiator hose. The industrial vacuum only just pulled enough volume for this to work, however, I intend to use a mains power weed blower in reverse to solve the problem.

I know this system will not take into account an engine that has wildly differing compression, but in this case with a healthy engine with compression within 5 psi it achieved the goal, and the motor runs sweet!

Cheers!

who

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... this one is finished took it for a ride, and bloody hell!

It's the first bike I've ridden with an exup valve fitted, and it makes a very noticeable difference the engines character, especially how it pulls from low rpm.

rOLLI

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some questions regarding the oil lid or are there two lids Wink

At top of clutch area, there are two srewed covers. one is for sure for oil refill. And the other one ?
If I compare engine in picture no7 on first page of this thread, with picture no1 on second page, the second lid is one time black plastic, second time a metal one. At my YB8 this inner lid is out of metal with a small tube going to the back. Looks to me like an crankcase breather. But at yours, this is closed.
Where is the official crankcase breather at this engine, or isnt that needed ?

roland
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rOLLI wrote:
I have some questions regarding the oil lid or are there two lids Wink

At top of clutch area, there are two srewed covers. one is for sure for oil refill. And the other one ?
If I compare engine in picture no7 on first page of this thread, with picture no1 on second page, the second lid is one time black plastic, second time a metal one. At my YB8 this inner lid is out of metal with a small tube going to the back. Looks to me like an crankcase breather. But at yours, this is closed.
Where is the official crankcase breather at this engine, or isnt that needed ?

roland

I believe they are both oil fillers - the early ("Genisis") FZR1000 didn't have a filler in the clutch cover, but the later frame on the "EXUP" FZR1000s made access to the one in the cases difficult, so later FZR1000s had one in the clutch cover, with a metal blanking plug in the hole in the cases.
Breather is at the back of the cases near the upper engine mount - the vertical tube here:
who

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep the blanked hole is an unused filler.

The actual breather is the vertical tube at the rear of the crankcase. A hose attaches to this breather and runs up to the airbox.

The engine in your photo is configured correctly. Cheers.
rOLLI

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. Now its clear for me .... Roland
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: