Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Cheap Vdue for sale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Cheap Vdue for sale Reply with quote

Wow...a brave man...start price at £10K...with No reserve.... for what looks like an original Injection unmolested version...first reg'd in the UK 1998....so maybe its an original supply bike never been back to Italy....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323811996328?ul_noapp=true

Worth almost buying for anyone with a spare sorted carbie engine to buy and swap out the unit....
pkay

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheap Bimota? - bit of a contradiction in terms.....

Shame it's not closer to home
trev45

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one in Sydney for sale

Cheers Trev
brian

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev45 wrote:
There is one in Sydney for sale

Cheers Trev

Is that the one that's been on Bike sales for a long time?
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
pkay

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes started at $80 plus and has slowly been coming down in price....
trev45

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mine has NSW rego and came here in the 1990s the first one , not a import
trev45

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one on bike sales is in Vic and can not get rego
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev45 wrote:
No mine has NSW rego and came here in the 1990s the first one , not a import

not an import?.....how did it get there????…. Laughing
trev45

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Perth a small far away town in the west Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welll...It "sold",...For Just £12,101....Yet...One day later...Its back...claiming the actual buyer was drunk and pulled out...But....And this gets me that people think we're all stupid...but then I suppose you only need one stupid person to make a sale...

.with an explanation of why the seller pulled out...Beware???...usual Caveat Emptor... I looked at the bidding history.....last and final bid was a 1 bid made just past midnight....but no one else bid and it finished as scheduled at 9.58am yesterday BH Monday....Why has he not offered it as a 2nd chance to the next bidder which is only £100 less?...next highest bidder bid final bid was some 2.5 days earlier...and five other bidders which he could have gone back to as "2nd chance"...clearly he wasn't happy with the final price....as he had no reserve on it...and all the other bids were his mates trying to get the price up for him...so maybe...just maybe only one genuine bidder who was allegedly "drunk"....all of this goes to show you that there was no serious or genuine buyers...

Apologies if Seller is on here and all the above is "fake news" but it smells fishy...but then some things do but aren't fishy at all.... Laughing

History

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bfl/viewbids/323811996328?item=323811996328&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&showauto=true

New listing

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/323819439524?_trksid=p1.c100423.m3621&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160928093218%26meid%3D806df833efa143738cc129697863f511%26pid%3D100423%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26b%3D1%26sd%3D323811996328%26itm%3D323819439524&ul_noapp=true
stockcar

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't get your 'new' link to work so here it is again

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIMOTA-V-DUE-500cc-2-Stroke-V-twin-500-VDUE/323819439524?item=323819439524&pageci=2ed22adc-70a4-465b-8e88-ad4e78f6213e&redirect=mobile
Spongebob

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently tried to sell my Katana on eBay. I set a reasonable reserve and the bids cane flooding in. What surprised me was I had loads of questions but not 1 of the bidders asked a single thing. I would not shell out over £5k on something I had not seen let alone spoken directly to the seller about. Bids crept up in tiny increments so no doubt someone testing to find where my reserve was because low and behold the moment reserve was hit he withdrew his bids. Back up we went and new high bidder cleared reserve a few hours before the end time. Last bid it took but a price I was ok to get. Auction ended and complete silence. I chased, I chased again. He comes back with sorry but I bid by accident. I offered 2nd chance to next high bidder then the next. Total silence. Moral of the story is our seller could be genuine and eBay is just full of chancers and time wasting twats
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Said SpongeBob....hence my slight "trepidation" on genuine or not......Hence why I dont sell on ebay anymore......Had the same with my KTM...got what I wanted...more than I paid 5 years previous TBH....thousands of questions from folk.....all answered fully properly and not of any concern...and not one of them bid....just keyboard warriors with nothing better to do then waste their time and mine...Final winning bidder was a fresh bid...solely one...but placed 5 days before end of auction...but not hit until dying seconds....theres programmes for this if I could ever work it out how to use....genuine guy....never asked a question of spoke to me before buying....rang me...questioned how he was going to get it home...I said...bank transfer me the monies and I'll do online V5 transfer to his name and address.....then he could tax and insure it...get dropped off at mine and ride home....V5 transfer was 3 days after I did it he got new V5 in the post....evidently after he paid his monies...>then he turned up with a friend and went all over it musingly....I said whats up?...He said...just checking...I said "fine, but its yours now anyway...you've paid me...its cleared...I've moved the monies....V5 in your name and you've insured and taxed it...so heres the keys....He realised then..Oh yeh...no point in kicking the tyres....as he couldn't "beat me down on price"...Most weird bike sale ever....I suppose its the "change" in peoples attittudes and media for selling...The tax one being one....He couldn't tax unless it was insured in his name...and your are "supposed" to cancel the tax as soon as signing of the V5....As its not transferable....Indeed...he took the old V5 home and had the new one with him...."Sold as seen" receipt given....should have written..."Sold as seen on the internet"...because he's paid before seeing in the flesh....Mind you...I've done that 8 times from bikes from other countries....And just waited for the courier to confirm it was collected..and then wait for delivery to first see it in the flesh.....Always sleepless nights
BOFFER

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Cheap Vdue Reply with quote

I totally agree and I think the buyer is being less than 100% honest. The problem with the injection V-due is that most of them don't have the reworked seals and bearings / oil passages etc and hence they are , as Piero says, best used as ornaments only as they will blow up in the first few trys of a ride out. Piero went to the lengths of modifying plenty of injection bikes and sending them back to owners as 95% right. The seller on this bike hasn't commented about the engine work and if he knew , he would of said. If there is no proof that the engine has had the work done then the bike is only worth what someone will pay for it factoring in that it will need to either go back to Italy for the engine mods or have the engine swapped for a sorted injection engine or a carb engine. It will be great for spares but not at that price. At 12K it needs to be a semi sorted injection bike with mods done and just needing a strip down / tune up / gremlins sorted. Then there is the issue of it not being used so cracked pipes / filters and all the rest of the storage problems. Not wanting to be too negative but the seller could easily of contacted piero and asked him what work if any was done to the bike using the chassis number as reference. Caveat emptor.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being "diplomatic" for the owner...of whom I have no idea who owns it...He does say "totally unmodified as from factory yaddy yah.....And "Would be nice as a display piece".....

Says 1000kms/700miles....which is odd that it is in Kms....as GetVehicleSmart says it was first regd in UK in 1998....so cant be an "official import" for what thats worth...I pay no stead on such things....All Italian bikes are imports if you dont live in Italy...Cars can be a different thing...Wheel on the wrong side for one....but when I lived in Dubai...Official exports from UK to Dubai were different to UK Discoverys/Landrovers...Bigger engines...bigger climate packs...Toyota had official imports also...improved dust seals around door...Frezzer pack glove box...and a natty A/C vent in the base of the drivers seat for your "nads"...I can heartily attest it was needed and a great idea

Smart App has ZERO mot history on it...so its not been on the road for at leas the last ten years...if it had been to Pieros for Mods...which he doesnt claim...He'd at least have had the clocks plugged to be in MPH and not Kms...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: