Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB10 Problems !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, been there with the ribs and punctured lung, not nice. Wishing a speedy recovery
stockcar

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fcuk.........hope everything sorts out asap
rpo83

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell, not good news... Hoping glened recovers quickly and doesn't suffer an RSI injury from the morphine dispenser.... Smile

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's getting sorted hopefully today with what they call "Meccano Scaffolding"....Going through airport security and metal detectors will never be the same again.....He's in good spirits though and has got his priorities set out on his White Board

He would like to add though "New LHS footpeg and Gear lever needed"....If anyone should ever come across such a thing for a DB10........
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

double...

Last edited by 2bims on Mon May 27, 2019 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! wishing you a speedy recovery Glen.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferry Ticket and accommodation to Isle of Man TT leaving THursday going cheap....Poor bastard....
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to report that the escape tunnel was completed this afternoon....and glened punched through the last few layers of earth and turf and has now escaped from Hospital....He just has to survive his wife driving him home now.....Home...oh Boy has he been dreaming of home.....Thanks to all the nurses et al that do a true saints job in dealing with all the old cantankerous grumpy gits in hospital and cure their woes and aches and pains.....
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news Smile
glened

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick update

Thanks to everyone that has passed on their thoughts and best wishes, especially to 2bims for his attention and selfless hospital visits. I am now home battered and bruised, 2bims and myself have checked out the DB10 and figured out the bike will probably be written off. That will give me the opportunity to restore the bike to its former glory. When I start the project I will with 2bims help start a picture documentary whereas I will probably be calling on help from all you guys in locating parts/spares

Once again I extend my thanks to all the well wishes I have received 🙏
djt77

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear your back home and on the mend Smile
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glened wrote:
Just a quick update

Thanks to everyone that has passed on their thoughts and best wishes, especially to 2bims for his attention and selfless hospital visits. I am now home battered and bruised, 2bims and myself have checked out the DB10 and figured out the bike will probably be written off. That will give me the opportunity to restore the bike to its former glory. When I start the project I will with 2bims help start a picture documentary whereas I will probably be calling on help from all you guys in locating parts/spares

Once again I extend my thanks to all the well wishes I have received 🙏

No Probs Glen...Plus...How else was I going to get my Lambda sensor back without you being discharged from Hospital in a vertical position?....twas a pleasure getting to see so much of you...(Most of the time....)

Glen is now recovering in the lounge of his home....with new bed positioned in said lounge so that he doesnt have to climb the stairs so much.....A "nurse on call" bell system is still to be installed for when he needs attention from the able if perhaps not always willing Lol....She cant be going too soft on the Old codger.....AND....my "Grumpy Old Bimota owner Lives here" sign has found a new resting home above his headboard until he makes a fuller recovery....or at least loses the "grumpy" element of not being able to ride his stricken sickened Bimota subsides....Soz though Glen...the "Old" part is there to stay....

And....just so that he recalls whats wrong with him and why he needs time to convalesce .....Here's his chest Xray of 6 titanium rods and 36 titanium bolts holding his shattered rib cage together.....Which match his ProBolt titanium Disc and caliper fixing bolts on his Baby Bim

Tirefriar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get well Glened! All the best to you and very speedy recovery. Be sure to post when you start sorting the DB10
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...to answer as "best" as can be possible....and courtesy of PaulDB2 and the loan of his bible and photography skills...Thanks Paul........Numbers of "DB10's" actually produced by the Bimota factory.....of DB10's and DBX's.....although theres images floating of a DB10R....with ohlins front and rear.....so Bimota doing their usual game of using what ever parts they had or could buy with credit...as wheels vary from "tock" db5/6 wheels to Oz wheels...Ohlins rear or ExtremeTec rear...and Marzocchi forks with tin treatment of with DLC treatment.....And...DBX....with ohlins F&R....but maybe with black excel rims and talon hubs...or gold rims or silver spoked rims

33 NO. DB10's in Total according to Bible MkIII…...and at their height Bimota were exporting to over 65 different countries

16 No. DBX's in Total...according to same bible

And this is the DB10R with Oz wheels and different front forks and Ohlins Rear

2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you look at the gap between the horizontal cylinder and the front wheel between the DBX and DB10...you can see how much they raked the head away on the DBX ...also take into account it has a 21inch wheel on that bike and not a 17inch one....so that would bring it 2 inches nearer the front cylinder but its still further away
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: