Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6 for sale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject: SB6 for sale Reply with quote

Where the F has this been hiding away???...A Mk I? SB6 raspberry Ripple With zero Mileage and unregistered??????????

I'd say for once...a fair price.....If Unused RC30's and RG500's go for much more even though they were cheaper bikes at the time

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bimota-SB6/264352163947?hash=item3d8c9de86b:g:65gAAOSw-NBc-XYk
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh! minty mint indeed.

Having read all about Steel City Classics and their undoubted passion for bikes (biking is not a job to them, it's in their blood), how did they come to list it as a white chopper / custom, manufactured in 1999 ? Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'll be down to the small child they employ on Saturdays to do such tasks when he's not mopping the floor....if you pay peanuts...you get monkeys.....If you elevate the Original List price when new....to inflation for today...this bike is still less money than when new.....So still not quite an investment yet
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh - it's an ornament
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
meh - it's an ornament

Destined to spend rest of its life as a living room (or office or ...) mannequin
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double

Last edited by 2bims on Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless it was £5K....then recommission it and ride it....As it would need £1-2K spending on it
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...its also "unregistered"...so here in the UK...and with Zero miles...it would have 20% VAT slapped onto it to register it...so thats an extra £4000...as it would seem its never been registered...Not one for me....
pkay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's with all the blather about the seller , where is the details about the bike? Did someone say cheap advertising - imagine all the hits they'll get, no details about the bike but plenty of details about them. My kids call this "click bait"
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pkay…...Ehhhhhh...What can I say?......Old eyes??….the first post of this thread has the link to the ebay ad for the bike...….click away....its a dealer.....sadly the bike is as stated....Merely destined to be a trinket/bauble of lounge decoration at £20,000 and its not even road registered so its never had VAT paid on it upon first registration.....So thats £24,000 plus rego fees and costs to recommission if youre going to ride it......but at zero miles and the price stated.....I doubt its ever going to be ridden
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
I doubt its ever going to be ridden

or sold.........................
quikduk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not knowing how the VAT works...other than to fleece you guys as much as possible (we have something like that here in the states, especially in CA and it's called a "fee"...regardless of what its for), could it be sold abroad without incurring the dreaded VAT?
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed it could.....if it went to a tax free state or country.....In the EU (European Country) we all have to pay our VAT on MOST new goods...including vehicles if they've never been registered before...and in the UK its 20% of purchase price "declared"....so its down to whether they check what you actually paid....we're still in the EU....just....They changed the system here in the UK a couple of years ago so all vehicles brought into the UK from EU had to have tax paid within 2 weeks...even if they remained unsold for a few years..so that the Govt could get a quick fast and continual fix...rather than wait for vehicles to sell to an actual customer first....If the vehicle has been previously regd for the road anywhere within the EU.....its considered tax has been paid within the EU and isn't due anywhere else if its sold and exported WITHIN the EU still...including UK....so no further tax to pay....Also...IF...its over 10 years old and has done more than 6,000kms on the clock..Its "assumed" that if its in the EU...that it must have been registered at some time and thus tax must have been paid...even if you cant prove its registration....vehicles sold to member states have their licenses cancelled and marked for export...and these documents help in registering in another member state...One Big Happy Family so its led to have us believe....Hence I was rushing...like many others...to bring in the first Borsalino Bike before the end of March this year as that was the intitial due date for us to leave
quikduk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!

Here, we pay "sales tax" on most everything that is sold. Some states that ship to CA but don't have a physical presence in the states (brick and mortar store/building) don't pay taxes on purchase made from their state and shipped to CA...but I think the CA legislature nixed that one internet benefit last year.

Additionally, we pay sales tax on every vehicle bought, every time it is sold. That means that if I buy a new vehicle, I pay sales tax on the sales price...as does everyone else who buys the vehicle down the line no matter how many times it is resold. It is a great big scam that was supposed to fix our roads and bridges, like the massive fuel taxes we have here per gallon (OK, massive for us as most fuel for sale in most of the USA is around $2.35/gallon for regular 87 octane). In reality, all of these "taxes" and "fees" etc. have been misappropriated by the CA State Legislature for decades to fund their pet projects...like a "high speed train" from San Fransisco to Los Angeles...really.

BTW, I can fly one way in about 1-1/2 hours for around $150 versus the proposed $350-$475 for a 4-5 hour trip.

Mad Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

WOW...I digressed there and really went off topic. This Bimota is too pricey for me. There. Back on topic! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: