Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Tuatara digital dash

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spongebob

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Tuatara digital dash Reply with quote

New day, new challenge

I've had my Tuatara sat with no battery connected over the winter whilst i correct and sort varies little electrical and fuel challenges. I reconnected everything yesterday and have found 2 issues. Hoping someone might have some advice here:

1) The odometer has reset to zero. It was reading about 19k km before hibernation. Can i restore the reading or is it gone for good?
2) Neutral light does not illuminate. I've checked the circuit and the switch is functioning fine and there is power and continuity to the connectors where the dash plugs in. No light though

BTW the brakes are much improved with a Brembo M/C as oppose to Yamaha. Progressive lever and loads more feel.
Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Tuatara digital dash Reply with quote

hi Did you manage to fix the issue with the Kms resetting to zero.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a factory Bimota LCD test and reset kit for sale on ebay a few months back...it sold...maybe with that you could restore the mileage...without it...sadly no not that I've heard...I've only heard that they reset to zero after some disconeection from mains power.....happens with some modern bikes also like Moto Morinis….
DaveT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Bellaria and a Tuatara with similar TDD digital dashes. I've never had mine zero when the battery died.... would be the same if you changed the battery too I would imagine i.e. no electrical supply to the dash. Unless there's a rechargeable back up cell in the dash... I can't comment having never had the courage to open it up. What I can say is that on the Bellaria, when I washed the bike and there was water ingress into the dash somehow, the odometer managed on occasion to lose a few miles... so my dash now shows around 19000 miles, but in reality I know the bike has done closer to 21000 miles. Really helpful artful clocking for you. It could be worse...it could have added miles on!!! Doncha love Italian electrics......
Spongebob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Tuatara digital dash Reply with quote

Leo wrote:
hi Did you manage to fix the issue with the Kms resetting to zero.

No, still says zero but to be honest i have hardly looked at it since this post. I will live with it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: