Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB5 STANDARD SUSPENSION SETTINGS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
barsrider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: DB5 STANDARD SUSPENSION SETTINGS Reply with quote

hi everyone...greetings from turkey...
i have bought 2006 db5 mille...but i have a problem...suspension settings are not original and unstable... i have tried to adjust same as my other bike 1098S but still not good...i need to turn back standard settings but i couldn't find owner's manual...Can someone help me to find standard settings or owner's manual?
thanks
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad tough call. You are running full ohlins front and rear on that model. It would be an idea to get in touch with ukbimota who is a member of this site to let you know what they are. I would adjust the front and rear sag first thing as the preload is most commonly abused by fiddlers. Then, if failing to get the info quickly its not a bad idea with ohlins to count the available clicks from fully in to fully out and go back to the middle, for compression and damping. Then ride her and see how she feels. Adjust one thing at a time by 4 clicks and see if it improves things. If it feels better adjust by another 4 clicks in the same direction. As soon as it feels like its going wrong again then go back 2 clicks stay there until all four adjustments have been made. Its a very, very crude method but should get you in the ball park and at least safe. Always difficult with high standard suspension to get the sweet spot but it will be worth playing with... Good luck.
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go down the center setting route then I would try tightening ( hardening) suspension clicks clockwise...

If you can let me know what the symptoms feel like I may be able to help a bit more. Does it feel vague, wallow , squirm ( front and/ or back )?
barsrider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

hello Duncan...
i am trying your method as you said...i am counting clicks and recording it...but weather is cold and rainy...i couldnt find the time to go track...last time back suspension was hard and wobbling...i am counting clicks and recording it...it will take time this way,not easy Smile ... i have also ducati 1098...i found standard setting's number of clicks from ducati owner's manual and i will try it on bimota...meanwhile how can i reach person who from UKBimota?i really need to know number of clicks...
thanks for your answer...
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go in to "members" section at the top of the page and search for UKbimota. Click on this name and then click on the "pm" (private message). I will do the same to let them know to get in touch with you.
barsrider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: thanks! Reply with quote

Very Happy you are very kind Duncan thanks alot!!!
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing No problem, thats what the site is all about, I have more then my share of help from the rest of the members... Graham from UK Bimota should be in touch, he answered straight away, very cool. Good luck...
UKbimota

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: DB5 Settings Reply with quote

Hello Barsrider,

If you could send me your address on the PM page or email me I will send you the settings and copy of the DB5 handbook. Its not a problem.

Kind regards
UK Bimota

Merhaba Barsrider,

Bana PM sayfadaki adres gönderebilir ya da ben size ayarları ve bir kopyasını gönderir bana e-posta
dB5 el kitabı. Onun değil bir sorun.

Saygılarımızla
İngiltere Bi
UKbimota

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: DB5 Suspension Reply with quote

Thank you for sending me your address in Turkey.

I will post all the details to you this evening.

Yours sincerely
UK Bimoat

Bana Türkiye'de adresiniz gönderdiğiniz için teşekkür ederiz.

Ben bu akşam size tüm detayları yayınlayacağız.

Saygılarımızla
İngiltere Bimota
barsrider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

I really don't know how to thank...I want to move my house to U.K. because world's most kindest people lives there...If you want to visit my country,it will be pleasure to entertain you...
kindest regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: