Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Cafe Racer Festival 2019

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Cafe Racer Festival 2019 Reply with quote

My first time at this venue, staged at the Autodrome Linas-Montlehry (just south of Paris).
Met up with Ian (Crankcase), John (SB7) and Sam (the Moto Guzzi man -travelled from London to the event on his Le Mans MK1 - legend) - Boris (Evilchicken) also showed up just for the Saturday (travelled from Paris via train - top lad) and met Gerhard (DB2 - the only other Bimota there) who is a member of the Bimota Passion forum in France.
Blessed with superb weather, a great atmosphere and the opportunity to ride part of the famous banked track (3 sessions on Saturday and 3 on Sunday).
Highly recommended - although there is talk of attending Dijon-Prenois next year, another I haven't been to.

brian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photo's Gaz. Great to see the SB6 being enjoyed on a race track. They are certainly a nice bike to ride on a track Cool
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they most certainly are Brian. Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to get meself a van or somesuch.....a quick jaunt over to France does look like a nice weekend away....grand to still see you out and about Geekay....I actually had my first visit over to Squires café last Saturday and sweltered in me leathers.....a good turn out of bikes...but I did think the place was a bit of a dump....But then I suppose its only for bikers...and prices were very reasonable for grub and drinks
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was good to bump into you guys again and not a bad little festival - might give it a go next year.
I hitch hiked back to the train station … first car, like the very first stopped but was going the other way, then the third one stopped nodded and took me right to the station.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
It was good to bump into you guys again and not a bad little festival - might give it a go next year.
I hitch hiked back to the train station … first car, like the very first stopped but was going the other way, then the third one stopped nodded and took me right to the station.

Were you wearing your PVC bondage Mankini?.....Most folk would stop just to take a picture.....
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Were you wearing your PVC bondage Mankini?.....Most folk would stop just to take a picture.....

I don't wear PVC, I wear rubber.

No for this gig I sported a nice Rossi vest top - probably why I got a lift so soon
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies....It was hard to tell the material make up from mere pictures....only a touch would have assisted me further....a Rossi top...Hhmmm...good thinking Batman....Has to be better than a Jack Nicholson "the Shining" T-shirt
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
It was good to bump into you guys again

You spent most of the day talking to the girlies on the 400/4 stand - and most probably not about bikes............. Very Happy
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
I actually had my first visit over to Squires café last Saturday and sweltered in me leathers.....a good turn out of bikes...but I did think the place was a bit of a dump....But then I suppose its only for bikers...and prices were very reasonable for grub and drinks

Yeah - it's probably too austere for your tastes Steve. But we like it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: