Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Little mishap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject: Little mishap Reply with quote

Had a little mishap when I lost my balance on my SB8RS, exiting a petrol / gas station. It was a steep uphill drive way with a weird camber and I basically lost my balance and fell over going too slow. I managed to break the clutch lever which I guess is an easy replace I borrowed the one off my SB6. There was only some light scratches on the panel but I managed to scratch up the carbon. Is there anything I can do the get rid of them, I thought I might be able to polish them out.
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure on the thickness of gel coat on the 8RS , but you should be able to cut it back as long as you have not damaged the weave. A lacquer coat aftwards will get it to shine probably better than new.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As vort says.....fine grades of wet and dry used wet...and even with blobs of washing up liquid will cut back scratches as it will cut into the lacquer coat....levers are an easy replace....just search brembo clutch/brake levers on ebay....or even "ducati" as ducati fit the same ones....make sure you get the exact one as theres around 3 or 4 types....
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject: thanks guys Reply with quote

took the panels in to a spray shop and he's going to sort it and like you said he said it will shine like new. Not cheap though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: