Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

So?....What did you do Last Summer?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject: So?....What did you do Last Summer? Reply with quote

In true "Back to School " Style.....heres a run down of What I did last Summer...although being an eternal optimist....I'm hoping theres a few more ride outs left in this year for me......It has been pointed out....and I admit culpability.....that I have been mostly absent from the Forum since the advent of FB in my life (it is so much easier to upload images.....although they then disappear the day after you've fed the feed..)

Theres been 2 trips to Italy....Via France and Switzerland....New friendships made.....some existing ones improved upon....some family members departed....another Bimota added to the fold....and none departed.....and 7 out of 10 bikes used in the last 6 months.....given that 2 are in the Dining Room and One further is set for display only....I dont consider that bad going....Some bikes worked on and improved...as always.....New Shows Added to the Annual homage of ride and show and go home.....Existing Shows on the Calendar revisited....All in all...a "Swell Summer".....

And this is what started it all...…The Great Man himself with his "first" Bimota

2bims

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now the Actual Events:-

This image viewed some years ago (taken 12 years ago but first seen some 10 years ago) led to the latest one added to the fold

That image led to this one I took

Which then led to myself purchasing this number plate, which kind of sealed my purchase of the bike to go with it

All of that led to this....Private Invite Only Museum/Shrine

2bims

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And after March.....after the DB5 Borsalino was delivered and registered and installed......The Sun came out to play and it was "showtime" and ride outs....

Trips to the Peak District and DB4 getting runs out.....really quite a sweet bike when all said and done

2-stroke days out

A Nice present from a very nice man......Black and Gold to match the Borsalino.....worn for the annual pilgrimage to the Crich Tramway Event for motorbikes of 25 years old or older

7th Of July Crich Event

Last edited by 2bims on Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-stroke clean up and recommissioning of Vdue

Last edited by 2bims on Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21st July and a new event for me...Italian Day at CMC Motorcycles in Chesterfield

2bims

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chester "down by the River"....and...Out in the Rain.....

But with the change in climates...global warming etc...it soon dried up and all was clean and dry and warm....

Belated birthday presents from a Moy Bueno hombre....

Another "new Event" for me...Avro Air Museum.....

Cat found the only sunny spot in the garden....or was trying to block my attempts to get out and about and escape from being her slave for the day

But I escaped

2nd day down there....

and for those without zoom ability

Accommodation for the Night

Day out with the lads from Fast Bikes whilst they tested the Bimota Vdue Evo....Connection with the DB6R and the Vdue? Both designed by Tamburinis understudy….and robbed from us too early...>Sergio Robbiano

Last edited by 2bims on Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunny Souhtport and slumming it at the cheap end of the beach at Pontins...Lets all shout "Hi-de-Hi"....

Another new show for me in late August now...Capesthorne Hall near Macclesfield...Bikes only have to be 15 years old or older to enter...So Vdue and DB4 were in contention......but DB2 got the shout....NExt year...DB5R is in for a shout being 2005....yup...15 years old next year

Aye Up....Whos this big fellow...and no...Not the greying large one on the left with the NFL gold and black shirt on'....

Someone on here was sent one of these pictures asking if one of them was him....its still unclear which one was considered to be him....

And now we're almost right up to date with last Sunday.....Rush-up Edge...Mam Tor...Bakewell...Monsal Head, Matlock Bath, Monyash....Buxton and then home

More Hospital visits.....4 seperate folk in Hospitals this year.....only 3 made it out vertically........

Fortunately...this was a walking wounded that made it out...and is getting back to his old ways....thankfully

Although this still applies

Some shiney tat went to new homes....and some more Bimota tat came through the door

This is "2Bims" and my Summer.....for those that thought I had dissappeared....and for those that often ask "how do you fill your time since retiring? Dont you get Bored?"

Filling time has never been an issue...its sorting what takes priorty within the time available that is more of an issue.....Generally....if its dry...Ride....when it aint....mend bikes/people/sort home/eat/shop......thats about it

Never ever take me seriously...I gave that up 5 years 8 months and 10 days ago.....This is me 3 years ago taking nothing seriously on a fun run in Blackpool

And whilst I'm in the Habit......Whos up for resurrecting a Bimota presence at next years Manchester Bike Show...last weekend in March?....As i've been convinced to do it all again after a 3 year break.....And...there will be a few "never ever before seen in Public "One off" Bimotas" making their first showings since their inception in Rimini's factory, Address as per here

All previous Showers welcome and any "newbies" also will be welcome to attend, be it showing or just attending
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bims............short of words and then this!

I have done nothing in comparasion.

Good to see that you are back from the FB darkside

Gavin

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin944888 wrote:

I have done nothing in comparasion.

Gavin

That'll be that "day Job" getting in the way of your social life Gav......Been kinda blessed with the weather though TBH.....a lot of these events and trips I wouldn't have done had the sun not come out to play.....A bit like today....Mcr grime and drizzle
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't realised we have had that many good summer days this year, thanks for reminding us of the better days Cool
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly why I did it to be honest....as a few folk were being very "British"...and moaning about the bad summer....albeit only due to comparison to last year...yup it was a good summer...at least for Northerners….and thanks for confirmation that youre still alive....YB6...let me guess...Is it still in the Van ready for March 2020?...teehee…...
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow 2bims amazing how 2019 has been so similar for us both !!??!! Shocked

I too have had a few trips abroad bike related, ok 2 were to the IOM , TT and Classic , BB3 and Tesi 3N but never the less , across the water !!

BB3 at TT , Gurthries I think

Tesi 3N at the Classic TT , Windy Corner

Gooseneck

Had a bit of a chat with the main man himself Mr McPint , got him to sign my special addition McPint shoei . (There are not many men that can say they had a TT legend sign their helmet !!! Laughing Laughing )

Had a few outings on the BB3 around Wales

And purchased a few more Italian Stallions to boot .

What a year 2019 has been !!!!! Roll on 2020 as I have a very special V4 arriving !!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which "S" is on the back of the first Tesi3D photo going right to left?..Name ending in M or E.....as I believe one of them has been up to rivi….Mini Vorts that is not the M ending one
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Oscom wheel.....Tricolor YB8...courtesy of UnObtainium and Drew.....I wish you well with it.....He has a bad reputation for letting people down and not delivering their bikes...even 6-7 months after you've paid him everything...not everyone....but it only takes the odd one and its a bad rep....Someone else on here bought from him and ending up paying another courier to collect and ship to UK from Japan with no monies back from Drew despite him being paid upfront for everything....

Tricolor snapshot is a bit tougher.....sort of lines of a DB1 but not with that panel line....sort of Italia version DB6R version with ohlins but again...not with that panel shadow line...so I give up...stumped on that snapshot
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last punt...but its a long shot...decided that what I Thought was a panel..maybe a frame rail....so Half fairing Red Bro DB4 r3.....and thats it...I'm out.....not that you'll ever tell me?? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: