Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Yb 11 p reg exhaust power valve flap siezed solid.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toomanybikes wrote:
Hi there..yes my v due was purchased off a guy whom bought the very 1st batch out of the rimini factory..he rode it for 900km without any noticable problems..he then went abroad when bimota recall all the vdue with the option of swapping it for a db8.so the owner just stored it until about 8months ago..
I believe you guys had a discusion about it when it was on ebay.it was the one that was re autioned due to a drunken bidder pulling out...
It was genuine i managed to purchase it for 12k..as it came out of factory with f.i system.and 500mkles on clock..
Starts a sounds sweet....
Have i riden it???? No..... not yet....
Regards rob

A fair price for an Original fuel injection...would take a brave man to ride it though if no changes were made to it...but lets not get into that...Kent...a little far for me to pop over...H1 ZXR750...Has to be in green I hope...My first Big bike was the H1 ZXR...in green...only really made sense above 100mph...but I loved it below that also...didn't know any different at the time....it was my best bike when I bought it...
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you da away with the exup and fit the cheaply black widow system you'll need to have the carbs tuned to suit.
bimotanige

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: YB11 exup valve Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
bimotanige wrote:
Hi Rob
The exup exhaust is a variable EXUP valve in the exhaust that can change the configuration of the exhaust duct in a way that controls fluctuations in exhaust pressure at the moments of overlap between the intake and exhaust valves in order to improve intake efficiency, boost power output and improve fuel economy. Its like the powervalve on a 2 stroke. the bike is not as tractable without it ( relatively for a 150bhp bike!) - I tried!
Mine was seized up when I got it and I had to drill the plate off as well. I then tapped the holes out and refitted it once I'd cleaned it up. Works fine now. Could you do the same or replace it with a second hand valve if its damaged and make a plate for the outer 3 hole?
Nige

Hello BimotaNige....Or is it "8bims" we should now call you? Welcome back...you doing the Mcr show with us this year?...Back to back KB2's?....after you "stole" one from me....teehee

Nine actually, and no KB2's I'm afraid. No pictures of the Tesi that you've acquired yet on here?? I am surprised Shocked Shocked At least you know what an Exup valve does now!
Toomanybikes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey nige
If the black widow exhaust goes a bit tits up..il have to revert back to you exact words.luckely i did save the oem exhaust downpipes..il just have to find a half decent powervalve or second hand exhaust..
Like me dad used to say.its on the bike for a reason and its proven to work well..
Il let u know.
Thanks for your time.
Regards rob
bimotanige

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob
No worries mate. usually someone on here has experienced the issues at some point in a purchase or rebuild.
Glad to help.
Nige
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: