Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

MANCHESTER BIKE SHOW - 2020 - 28/29th March
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you participate? Bring a Bimota?
Yes 1 No.
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Yes, More than 1 (Please specify No.)
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
No thanks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh....theres one other with 9bims on here in the UK....and another with 4 or 5....and all within 100miles of my gaff.....2017 show of 38 bikes was just 8 maybe 9 people.....that showed their bikes...but not all of them....Oh...and I have a friend with 4 bims....but as you know...thats not really trying it is?...And then theres another mate with 3bims and he's building 2 more.....Oh.....and PaulDB2 with 4bims....a mere 15mins from me....Step back 12 years....I had none...the most prolific collector in the UK had 1 but now has 13....They do seem to have a habit of "growing"
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peaking "early" for Show prep this year.....Weather outside has helped that....Show cards for bikes to go to the show have been printed out and laminated up....

And a "quick" sneak preview of the planned set-up...I acquired some Original fotobustas from the Borsalino & Co French Movie ...and knocked up a frame out of some old architrave and painted it up....so it will be standing "red Carpet" style in front of some 1 of 1 Bimotas...that will be at the Show....Shown together for the First time ever....and some shown for the first time...FULLSTOP...

Cant say anymore about the Set-up...or bikes....as a few from other clubs that are showing also are on here....dont want to give the game away...I'm not so competitive...but they are...So I join in and of course have to beat them then....if they didn't bother neither would I?
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Folks.....confirmation has been given that we are "in" for the Mcr Bike show.....and have been given a 12m x 12m space all on its own....thats 144m2 of floor space to fill

I'm in for 4 bikes to bring down...trimming my efforts this year

PaulDB2 says 4 or maybe 2....or 1.....depends what time he gets out of bed each morning between now and the show

BimotaAndy says yes....Maybe Picnic table SB3/4 makes a return and Mantra if it gets back together?

Gavin from way down south says yes and maybe 2 bikes.....strange...as he's sold his virus and still has his DB9 so maybe his recreation of the DB11VLX supercharger he;'s building will be ready? Or his Vdue engined Supercity?

Admin aka Katy says yes....YB10 and Gilera CX125

Philfinger maybe with SB6/YB11

Geekay?

Laminator?

Edd is coming again....not on here but SB7 for him

Vort says he's cruising with Mexican LAger Virus if his boat comes back from Japan in time to be fumigated and made ready

Some fellow whos name I cant recall coming from Chester with a YB11 (david Kenny)

SiBag with dayglo SB6 if hes not on Old Skool Suzuki club

Welshlamb….If he wins the lottery he's bringing 3bims all fully restored by professional mechanics and spray painters....otherwise a large box of parts to be derusted and oiled whilst at the show

THere is a fellow with a santa near Mcr

Another from Mcr with a DB4 tricolor..but its off the road and has no van

Ben Wylie?

Theres an Oldham Man with a DBX

Mick?....if weather is bad any chance of dragging something down?...if youre not holidaying in Italy, and France

So thats 30 bims or 11 bims min...…

Honda and BMW have pulled the plug from the show and lost deposits....sign of the times...Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ducati, KTM and Harley Davidson and CCM are all booked to be there

Link to the show layout here:-...We.re C24 around 8pm on the plan if it was a clockface

https://www.manchesterbikeshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Manchester-Bike-Show-2020-Floor-Plan-Web.pdf

List of exhibitors here...Triumph and Royal ENfield there also...strangely no Norton.....

https://www.manchesterbikeshow.com/exhibitor-list/

Set-up day is the Friday 27th March.....Collection of bikes Sunday 29th March...the day the clocks go FORWARD one hour....
brian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaping up to be another great show 2bims. If I were anywhere near the UK in March I’d be there for sure. Some very rare motorcycles set to make an appearance there, if the rumours are true
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shows OFF folks....its official...."postponed" they say...but no one knows until when....and I feel it will be forever....as no refunds are forthcoming from the Organisers....and people remember those types of things and ...well...nuff said...words from them

MANCHESTER BIKE SHOW POSTPONED
Just to let you know that we have had no choice but to postpone the Manchester Bike Show due to the coronavirus outbreak. Right up to just a few days ago we thought we would be able to run the event, albeit with a reduced attendance. However, in the last few days national and international events have moved on so quickly that in the end this decision became increasingly inevitable. In fact the outcome of the government Cobra committee meeting, scheduled to take place later today, may well have taken this decision out of our hands anyway.

EventCity themselves have been excellent allowing us to postpone the event for up to a year without financial penalty albeit they will not refund any of the full facility fee we have already paid even if the postponement is for the full calendar year. We were considering a postponement until late May or early June but we have no confidence that any measures put in place by the government now will be lifted by that stage. We are of course sorry if you have already incurred any unrecoverable costs as indeed we have with regard to advertising, printing and hotel rooms etc.

We will be in touch very shortly with an update on the rescheduled event and the way forward.

Regards
Andrew Greenwood
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And seeing as the Show is "off"...here is what was going to be taken to the show...some stuff ordered for folk that would be attending...and some other stuff that was being offered for sale....please pm me if interested in anything

\genuine Official Bimota Hats.....and real good quality and I'm usually sceptical about Italian clothing...but the adjuster band even fits my big Bonce of a nut

Quality

I've got three of these for sale …..they fit pretty much any Bimota due to nice and stretchy...luxury inner layer so no scratchy scratchy.....NOT weatherproof....purely luxury indoor covers...come with a same material draw string bag also...I'm told they even stretch to fit DBX Models...SB6's and SB8's...

Next up....the "infamous" Bimota leather key fobs with brass securing pin and brass press stud...to keep your keys from scratching or marking your top yoke

The first 2 purchases of a Bimota Bike cover will also receive a free similar material helmet bag.....in either red or black...fist come first served on colour choice

Bimota Official Lanyards...have to say...the best lanyards I've ever seen ….chrome steel quick release buckle.....quality strap...and a chromed steel enamelled Bimota "b" buttoned rivetted onto them..>These were going to be given out to all those bringing their Beloved Bimotas to the Show...complete with a laminated photo of their bike attached to identify themselves to the other attendees.....As I often forget...that I end up being the only person there that knows everyone that attends the stands I organise....

Edd...and his rare colour option SB7....Edd doesnt do computers...Landline and post only

Here we've got SiBag….Admin...Laminator...GlenDB10....PaulDB1...Gav...BimotaAndy….Ben Wylie...Amore Moto....PhilFingers...and me with the Borsalino Cheeky Monkey...Today I was ordering the T-shirts for the whole stand....saved myself a small fortune there....

More stuff being listed on here tomorrow....but it will also be going onto Facebook...Seeing as the Forum members on here were making up every single contributor bar "one newbie"...I'm offering up stuff here first..."old Skool"....thats me....
brian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff mate 👍. You went to a lot of work making up the tags. Hopefully the show will go ahead eventually.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
brian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
...I'm told they even stretch to fit DBX Models...SB6's and..

Hmmm..... SB6 is a bit of a porker width and weight wise, but is actually quite small overall
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manchester Bike Show Organisers have now said theyre keeping the money but the show will go on...In one year and 2 weeks time.....if everyone is still alive at that time...SO....see you all Next year Hopefully...I think I'll pack all the Show gear away thats cluttering up my Dining Room though.....keep the dust off it
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year's show was supposed to be the last at Event City as the site is to be re-developed. I haven't heard anything about a new venue. Oh well, wait and see!
Cursed luck Steve after all the energy you put into getting this years stand organised.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulDB2 wrote:
This year's show was supposed to be the last at Event City as the site is to be re-developed. I haven't heard anything about a new venue. Oh well, wait and see!
Cursed luck Steve after all the energy you put into getting this years stand organised.

I think it was the albatross...WelshLamb….he booked accommodation the night before they "postponed" the Show.....teehee…..

Ah well....corona....Brexit...Shite exchange rate...my son deciding he's having a gap year this year after his A-levels...but wants to concentrate on me teaching him to drive and ride his own DT125R...rather than me riding it..Means….I could still be here next March.....PLUS....the organisers sent out another email saying "postponed until March 27th 2021"...I mis read it at first thinking...Oh...2 weeks time....Nope...1 year and 2 weeks time....Building is coming down....its on prime retail site now....It was Argos Main Depot so was never built to be an Exhibition centre....And plans were for a new purpose built one near the chill factor...400yards down the road...BUT...it was on the news the Trafford centre lost £2.5Billion in the last 12months....Just one week before the trams start...its threatening to go bankrupt.....that was a good investment of £6million of council tax payers money by Mcr Mayor Andy Burnham wasn't it???
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bims.......there is a good chance the supercharger r3plica will make that date.

Nice to see the lanyard with its inspiration behind the build.....shame I can’t wear it.

I will probably come up in couple of weeks if not dead by then.

My Norwegian dog sledging holiday...starting yesterday was cancelled Friday
night.......stuck on Canvey Island....no snow only dogs...ho hum

Stay safe

Gavin
No outwardly signs of any virus ....got as rash....does that count?

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very eagle eyed there Gav.....No one else picked up on it.....Wink Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Folks.....this 2020 show is now scheduled for 2022...Last weekend in January....the Sat and Sunday

All entrants welcome...as hopefully Boris is letting matters be what they be....get vaccintated or not....get a passport or not...live or die....lets just get on with our lives and forget the politics.

THeres plans for 4 No. "1 of 1" bimotas to be there...where they only made one of each....all previous exhibitors more than welcome once again...and any newbies also are more than welcome...we have an allotted 12 x 12m space to fill....

Words from the ORganiser:-

MANCHESTER BIKE SHOW
29 & 30 JANUARY 2022, EVENTCITY
EVENTCITY, PHOENIX WAY, OFF BARTON DOCK ROAD
MANCHESTER, M41 7TB

A December Update
I just thought I would drop you a quick email as we are now 5-6 weeks from the doors opening at the Manchester Bike Show.

I attended Motorcycle Live at the NEC on the Tuesday as I usually do. The NEC’s requirement to produce a vaccine passport in order to gain entry to the venue didn’t seem to cause any upset despite it not being a legal requirement at the time. There were signs up at the entrance requesting that visitors wear face masks but once inside the show perhaps 5-10% of visitors and even fewer of the exhibitors did so and this also seemed to be the case when the Motorcycle Show was recorded at the NEC on a different day. It was great to see so many people I hadn’t seen for over two years and most of them seemed quite pleased to see me too! I left the venue clutching a number of bookings for Manchester and the feeling that if nothing changed we would be able to run a successful show in January. However within 24 hours everything was changed by the televised Downing Street press briefing with Boris telling us to cautiously carry on with our lives as planned and Chris Whitty telling us that if we did the country could be in a whole lot of trouble very quickly.

That briefing took place two weeks ago to the day which amply serves to demonstrate how quickly things have moved on and my own personal feelings are that had it not been for Christmas the country would already be in some form of lockdown. Whatever your politics and whatever you feel about the way the last two years have been handled it is hardly a secret that tighter restrictions are on their way very soon after Christmas although what form these restrictions take and how long they will last depends very much on the data on the new variant. Therefore as far as the bike show is concerned our current position is that the event will go ahead at the end of January unless the government (and/or the venue) tell us differently and we will adhere to whatever restrictions are in place at the time. We really do want the show to go ahead as planned because on paper we have a really good event lined up for everyone to enjoy but whether it does or not is really out of our hands. We will of course keep you up to date immediately any changes do occur.

Thank you for your continued encouragement and support.

Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Kind regards

Andrew Greenwood
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: