Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New toys
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject: New toys Reply with quote

Just when you thought the world had gone mad and there was nothing to live for !!!!!

A new toy box appears that's urm to big to go in the F'in trailer !!!!!!!!!
phil-short

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bimota with a sidecar then??
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phil-short wrote:
A bimota with a sidecar then??

I know I'm over 50 now but not quite at the stage I require stabilizers again !! Laughing Laughing

Gavin944888

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent............and a nice, well built crate.

Even better...you probably got upwards of 141 yen to the pound.

enjoy

Gavin

The Scottish FX dealer

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin944888 wrote:

I can definitely confirm the create WAS well made !!!!!! Mad Took bloody ages to get it apart !!!!! In the middle of a transport yard !!!!!
bimotanige

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
brian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh the mythical YB8 finally turned up.... Very nice mate!
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
brian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.... I ust realized that the title of the thread says New Toy's' Rolling Eyes . Is there something else?
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
Hmm.... I ust realized that the title of the thread says New Toy's' Rolling Eyes . Is there something else?

I can see the Tank/seat unit.....at the LHS...and what looks like a box...perhaps Bimota goodies on top of the bike???

Get dem kids busy with the spanners Vort...3 days of good weather so roll her out onto the lawn and get busy.....throw a few 10mm sockets around for the dogs to play fetch with....

The biggest Laugh I had today was getting caught in a HUGE queue of traffic....people queing to get their last Big Mac via drivethru….as theyre closing driver thru at 5pm

THen again on the way home...errant stay at home dads with no work...and nagging kids to deal with....a friggin long queue at the traffic lights for the waste tip....yup....the wives have said..."Well....you promised you'd get round to clearing that crap out when you had time....so whats the excuse today???"

Updates please and stay safe
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin944888 wrote:

Even better...you probably got upwards of 141 yen to the pound.

enjoy

Gavin

The Scottish FX dealer

I dont think the exchange rate was so "kind" 6 months ago...???
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Gavin944888 wrote:

I can definitely confirm the create WAS well made !!!!!! Mad Took bloody ages to get it apart !!!!! In the middle of a transport yard !!!!!

Haha......When I worked in Dubai....I spent most of my "one day off" per week...out in the desert on my KTM640 adventure....5 countries to ride around in with no border crossings....When I was moving on and leaving Dubai I entasked the Joinery shop full of skilled indian joiners....to make me a crate.....coz the "white man" had asked so....it twas done....INDUSTRIAL style.....

Said crate....with the belongings of my flat also...were air freighted home to me...came about a week after I landed...straight thru customs to my house...sweet I thought...Man and large van with tail lift honked his horn....said man...healthy....but in his late 60's/early 70's...and thin as a rake....my initial question was..."wheres your mate?"...>What mate?...to help you....DOnt know....why?...they've given me this as a last job for the day.....4inch x 6inch timber frame...19mm marine grade shuttering ply.....crate was heavier than the 150Kg bike on board...plus it had spare wheels...spare tank and spare original exhaust system...all built into purpose built shelves inside....

I offered him a brew and a biscuit..."nah mate...gotta get home"....no mate...I have to strip the entire box down to be able to move that thing out....."lets drag it onto the tailift".....it was way way at the back adjacent the cab......loaded by a forklift...as it was also on a forklift pallet....."\go ahead He Man I said...Got any spinach...?.....I gave him 20 seconds of huffing and puffing where the only thing moving was his rickety shoulders, elbows knees, hips and ankle joints....rattling around like the bones of a skeleton in most peoples closets.....

He was now ready...and wanting...to accept my offer of a brew and a biscuit....

About an hour later with power drill....reciprocating saw....crow bar and lump hammers...she was free...and fully intact...."what about the crate?" he said.....Nah...you can keep that....let the boys who gave you this delivery without a helper or forklift get that crap out....as clearly they had set him up from the off....
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks quite tidy and original....even if its been stood for a while.....floppy front indicator....you've done well to receive it like that....with the screen intact also....Carbon gear rod....nice

Another fellow on here recently collected his Bimota import taking him up to "5 bims".....from recollection....Unfortunatley for him it looks like the crate was lifted up...bashed under another crate....then dropped on its side....rear mudguard.....indicators...missing bar end...crushed screen and damage to left side of fairing....added to that...he cant get the set/tank unit off...or see if it runs...as the ruddy shipper lost its keys...and the filler cap has to be removed to get the tank/seat unit off....seller swears blind it was "fine" when it was shipped...shipper says it arrived like that when it arrived....despite the crate appearing undamaged.....When I shipped my KTM....it was all padlocked up...the lid etc....with hasp and staples...BUT...you had to put the padlocks in an envelope and staple to the box in case customs wanted to open and look inside...they didn't...keys and envelope were untouched in same state as when I stapled it to the crate....Bike keys not an issue...they were in my carry on baggage when I flew back to the UK...tank had to be drained and battery disconnected...but thats standard for air frieght
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
Ahhh the mythical YB8 finally turned up.... Very nice mate!

Yes Mate , Finally. Almost gave up hope TBH. Didn't even know it was being shipped or had arrived at first as the dam idiot that bought it for me had forgotten my name and sent the info to the wrong person on Facebook(the only place he posts these days).
Anyway been 'discussing' shipment fee's and import duty with the shipping receiver for the last month as he has/had no idea of value etc for duty and I had no documents. Anyway we came to an agreement and I paid more money . But think it was worth it, but will never buy from Japan again !!!!!!

Looks quite tidy, been stood for a while, all hose's/seals need checking and the odd indicator etc, but other than that it looks quite good.
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject: YB8 Reply with quote

Bit of a cramped riding position on an “e”, but once you’ve got it fuelling right (Dynojet kit has changed spec & is now useless), they’re a lovely bike to ride. Enjoy.
brian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates or more photos of this one yet Vort?

I hope you’re not in lock down at a different location to your shed Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: