Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

bought a v due

View previous topic :: View next topic  
husson73

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: bought a v due Reply with quote

Bought it on last october.
The bike had 40 kilometers from new and the seller was a guy I know who owns an other one on which he has done around 4000 kilometers mosty on the tracks.
The bike was modified indirect injection on the air box intajke and a non Bimota Eprom.
The rulers are never used a bike before look at everything.
Doesn't respect these and seized 50 kilometers after.
The reason was the inversed T tube which feeds two stroke oil to the pistons and the two crankshafts was jamed into the inside fairing and was cuting.
New pistons rings, new upper crankshaft as the rod isn' sold seperatly + new seals, washers and so on as the inversed T the bike is on the road again.

200 miles now Mr. Green Cool
definitively not a commuter Confused Shocked Very Happy
fouled a plug this morning when I fired up the Bim.
Two explanations, firstly I turned the gas as I usually did on my triples and on the RG 500: wrong just push the buttom.
Secondly, the V twin engine let the oil on the bottom barrel as the head is really on the bottom and the bottom barrel plug fouled more cause the 2 stroke oil than the petrol: very commun too on the Suzuki 250 RGV or on the Aprilia RS 250 with the same suzuki engine specially when you rode the day before slowly on town and traffic jam.
Good point, it's very easy to change bottom plug Cool , top barrel plug is an other story Sad
The engine works such a early H1 specially points models 69 70 71, with no power at all under 6000 RPM and the feeling the engine doesn't really works, power comes suddenly at 6500 RPM that's funny on dry roads but less on wet roads.
The engine is strong after 6500 RPM and hit really fast the 7500 RPM.
The engine is stronger thazn a TZ 350 but responds as a TZ 250 which isn't easy under rain Twisted Evil
BTW, you must play with the gearbox -which is perfect excepted the long first gear which is typical of a race bike- on the road to be always after 6000 RPm that is a part of the fun if there is no traffic.
Don't go more than 7500 RPM and 115 MPH on the speedo but was on 5 th gear cause the ratio is too long. Red line is 10 000 RPM.
Must modified oil pump adjustement which is actually the adjustement gives on workshop manual cause it's clear the engine feeds too mucch two stroke oil and this explains also -not only - why the engine doesn't really works under 6000 RPM Neutral
Must change the ratio with one teeth less on the front sprocket cause actal ratio is too long.
Use around 12 liters by 100 kilometers and stopped without petrol Embarassed at an half mile of a petrol station :up cause the warning light isn't easy to see on the day light.
Must works on the eprom cause the engine uses also too much petrol.
But the V due is incredible light and you can put it exactly where you want and movesit if necessary, the braking is also incredible and the explanation is the weigh, frame is perfect and at 115 MPH on curve the bike doesn't move at all. Mr. Green
The V due is mostly as I hope it was and with new adjustements must be a dream.

Cool

my qquestion is the following: it's clear the engine eats too much two stroke oil (know how adjusted) and too much petrol.
Is someone knows how to have access to the Eprom set up to do new adjustment with the fact my Eprom isn't original Bimota Question
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks lovely - just needs a Jolly Moto exhaust system and it would be perfect!
I'm off to visit Pierro at V-Due Italy in May this year - must leave the credit card at home!
bimotanige

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the BSTs! need a longer run to test them out. roll on some warmer roads. If I am not using the bike for a while I lift the tank and turn the oil off at the oil tank - prevents the fouling up when starting. I leave the tank up to remind me to turn it back on!!!!12l of 100km - you need to try harder as that is good Very Happy for a Vdue!
husson73

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bimotanige wrote:
12l of 100km - you need to try harder as that is good Very Happy for a Vdue!

nearly brand new so don't go more than 7500 RPM and 115 MPH (was on 4th or 5th gear with the original bimota ratio which is clearly to long).
expected better fuel consumption with indirect injection and it's also sure the injectors give too much petrol.
My Kawasaki H2s and my RG 500 (still have them Cool ) never done more than 14 liters per 100 kilometers on german highways on 5th gear at 7500 RPM (red line) on my H2s or on 6th geat at 10500 RPM (red line) on my RG 500.
Would not like to do more than 14 liters with the V due cause with the 15 liters only fit on the tank the range would be short. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: