Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New toys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think hes busy on Full Time Daddy Day care duties Brian...…, Chief Bottle washer, Head and sous chef, Tutor and mentor....Dog Walker, etc etc....But yeh...Where are the updates? I want to see MORE
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
Any updates or more photos of this one yet Vort?

I hope you’re not in lock down at a different location to your shed Shocked

Nah , I'm in the same location as my bikes but TBH I have a bit of an issue !!!!

I don't have any space in the garage at the moment !!???!!!. Bike is still in the back of the van, have not been able to have a good look at it.
It appears OK on th outside, probably bit similar to your DB2J . Been looked after most of its life but then left .
Fork seals are weeping, brakes are a bit seized , guess all the bearings will need inspecting and then the engine given a good going over.
I am hoping to get a look at it over the weekend. Shocked
brian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
brian wrote:
Any updates or more photos of this one yet Vort?

I hope you’re not in lock down at a different location to your shed Shocked

Nah , I'm in the same location as my bikes but TBH I have a bit of an issue !!!!

I don't have any space in the garage at the moment !!???!!!. Bike is still in the back of the van, have not been able to have a good look at it.
It appears OK on th outside, probably bit similar to your DB2J . Been looked after most of its life but then left .
Fork seals are weeping, brakes are a bit seized , guess all the bearings will need inspecting and then the engine given a good going over.
I am hoping to get a look at it over the weekend. Shocked

I love the look of those YB8’s, nice lines and great paint job. I hope you get some shed time. Sneak a couple into the house, that’ll free up some space for you in the shed..... of course once Mrs Vort sees them, you may need said space for a bed then Rolling Eyes
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got some spare time away from the 'family tasks ' !!
I know its not Bimota but got to get Mrs Vort on side .
So been going a bit of work on the house.
From this

to this

and finally to this

OK , so there is a bit of a time gap between the first 2 pictures.

Now as we are in lock down and there is no carpet to be had I did take your suggestion Brian and say to Mrs Vort that a nice Tricolor Bimota would set the Dining room off nicely !!!!!

So here it is , the YB is finally out of the van !!

And as the eagle eye'd of you might notice , YES its on the patio !!!!???!!! and I'm sleeping in the dining room ??!!??

Anyway, enough of that. Body work removed , Oh I forgot how much fun it was removing a one piece fairing

Something tells me this fairing not been off in a long time.

Tomorrow , hopefully if sunny , it will be a good clean and maybe check it over to see if I dare try to start it !!??!! Shocked
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks all right that.....maybe not used for a looooong while...but it looks from the front headers to have at least been stored somewhere dry....Front fairing...teehh….yeh..I suppose it been a while for you with the SB6...I use a lont thinner piece of wood under the front tyre so you dont have to prise the one piece fairing open quite so wide apart to get it off....firm enough anyhow with the rear paddock stand on...>Carbon can standard??

I have a lead on some cheap new front and rear discs if youre interested.....Belgium supplier with stock....even has Tesi1D front discs..."muppet" has identified those as "ducati" discs...despite the massive front rotor centre hole for the hub centred steering....I suppose hes thinking of the engine of the Tesi1D

Dining room looking all right also.....with a table in there ...with chairs...how novel
djk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thin piece of wood under the front tyre, i'll have to remember that next time i am trying to get the fairing of the SB7. Can't use a stand and i have no rafters to suspend the bike from. I did try a ladder once and suspended the bike in between but it didn't leave me much room to do anything. Every time i pull that fairing apart i dread doing it.
brian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see Stu! The YB8 looks to be in pretty good nic and unmolested. I for one love the one piece fairings even though they are a pain in the arse to get on and off. A lot of YB8's appear to have come with CF mufflers so good chance it's original too. I don't think the wheels would have been that color originally.

Check the oil and water, hook up a remote fuel tank and kick her in the guts I say Wink Laughing .

House reno's are coming along nicely mate, the chandelier is a bit flash
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djk wrote:
A thin piece of wood under the front tyre, i'll have to remember that next time i am trying to get the fairing of the SB7. Can't use a stand and i have no rafters to suspend the bike from. I did try a ladder once and suspended the bike in between but it didn't leave me much room to do anything. Every time i pull that fairing apart i dread doing it.

Yeah thin piece of wood is the trick, rear paddock stand , piece of 3x3 under the front wheel , mat on the floor and just slide the fairing joint under the wheel/tyre. Only issue with the YB over the SB6/7 and I guess the DB2 , is the YB has a closing piece which fills the gap between fairing and radiator , that just scrapes passed the front discs .
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:

Check the oil and water, hook up a remote fuel tank and kick her in the guts I say Wink Laughing .

Thats my plan TBH Brian, just check the bare essentials and then give it a kick , got to see it not complete basket case !! Confused

brian wrote:

House reno's are coming along nicely mate, the chandelier is a bit flash

Light came all the way for USA. Was another good international buy.

This virus thing got to be good for something, trying to get as much done as possible on the house to clear the bike time when I can get out !!! Although TT cancelled this year , which is very disappointing Crying or Very sad
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djk wrote:

I've used industrial step ladders cradled around the top yoke...and then ratchet strap wound the front up....with the rear on the bimota packing crate stand...BUT...it was on a skinny narrow DB2...not a lardy by comparison in-line 4....
brian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
brian wrote:

Thats my plan TBH Brian, just check the bare essentials and then give it a kick , got to see it not complete basket case !! Confused

That’s what I always do if I get something new.... make sure it runs (or get it running) before I pull anything apart. At least that way I know, if it doesn’t go afterwards that it’s something that I’ve done or not put back together properly. Just saves a lot of guess work if it doesn’t go, wondering if it was already broke or if I broke it Laughing
brian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
brian wrote:

That’s what I always do if I get something new.... make sure it runs (or get it running) before I pull anything apart. At least that way I know, if it doesn’t go afterwards that it’s something that I’ve done or not put back together properly. Just saves a lot of guess work if it doesn’t go, wondering if it was already broke or if I broke it Laughing
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Didn't even know it was being shipped or had arrived at first as the dam idiot that bought it for me had forgotten my name and sent the info to the wrong person on Facebook(the only place he posts these days).
Anyway been 'discussing' shipment fee's and import duty with the shipping receiver for the last month as he has/had no idea of value etc for duty and I had no documents. Anyway we came to an agreement and I paid more money . But think it was worth it, but will never buy from Japan again !!!!!!

I can tell exactly who you were dealing with from the description of how it all panned out... And it's not an uncommon story from the sound nda of things.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello gammaboy....indeed....vort has more info you may not be aware of also....scam boys....Brits in japan...bringing shame on our nation....both madman and GC....cant be silenced on here as they dont run it...unlike their own fb pages...
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djk wrote:

I've welded an old front axle to a car stand so I can lift the front of my SB6 on the headstock lifter, drop the wheel out, fit stand, remove head lifter, remove/fit fairing...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: