Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

removal fuelpump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
veloviper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: removal fuelpump Reply with quote

Goodmorning,
I have a Bimota BB monoposto. The problem is a thin layer of black sludge in the petrol tank. This sludge clogs the carburateurs.
I like to clean and coat the petrol tank . But it is unclear how to remove the fuelpump. Do you need a special tool to remove the pump?
Please advise on this problem if possible.
Thank you,
Regards,
Henk Draaiman
Netherlands
veloviper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: remove fuelpump Reply with quote

I tried mailing the factory but info@bimota.it is out of action.
(non-existent hosts or (invalidly) to IP addresses)
Anyone got a current mail adress from Bimota?
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a private message to the member "UKBimota" they might be able to help you contact Bimota, but they're unlikely to reply.

I don't what your tank is made of so I don't know what the sludge is ... however there were a couple of bikes that had something similar happen - it could have been the SB forum - I think they washed out the tank and used new fuel.
atomibart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning,
I had the same problem recently.

To remove the fuel pump you have first to remove the three plates at the rear of the tank (in front of the swing arm) which are the electric. connections of the fuel pump and a floater.

Then you have to remove the round metal plate at the bottom of the tank (be careful : all the remaining fuel will drop) and after that remove very carefully the fuel pump. You may have not only to clean the tank but also the fuel pump, and to change the rubber ducts immerged in the fuel (I bought special rubber made for this at a BMW garage).

FYI after doing this I also clean the carburettors... And once built up again the bike still does not idle...

Good luck and sorry for my poor technical english

atomibart
atomibart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To reply furthermore to your question : no special tools required, just patience
veloviper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help Smile

atomibart wrote:
Good morning,
I had the same problem recently.

To remove the fuel pump you have first to remove the three plates at the rear of the tank (in front of the swing arm) which are the electric. connections of the fuel pump and a floater.

Then you have to remove the round metal plate at the bottom of the tank (be careful : all the remaining fuel will drop) and after that remove very carefully the fuel pump. You may have not only to clean the tank but also the fuel pump, and to change the rubber ducts immerged in the fuel (I bought special rubber made for this at a BMW garage).

FYI after doing this I also clean the carburettors... And once built up again the bike still does not idle...

Good luck and sorry for my poor technical english

atomibart
veloviper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, the thin black layer of goo is the fuel hose from the pump dissolving in the petrol....
nice one Sad

atomibart wrote:
To reply furthermore to your question : no special tools required, just patience
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort..... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: