Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB10 adjustable levers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misternog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject: YB10 adjustable levers Reply with quote

Hi, does anyone know of adjustable brake and clutch levers that will fit my 1991 YB10? It might also help if I knew the donor bike parts for the original master clutch/brake cylinder and reservoir. I tried some aftermarket ones meant for a 1991 FZR1000, the clutch lever fitted and looked right, but the brake lever was all wrong! Any help would be appreciated, as I find my stumpy little hands straining to pull the levers in!
Andrew034

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brembo master cylinders used on the SB6 and some YB8 models should fit and are adjustable. These were the same units fitted to Ducati 888 and 916 models plus more (note there is a non-adjustable version too), so they are both available and relatively common too. These master cylinders to require a remote reservoir, so ensure that they are included in the purchase.

My Furano has a very neat pair of AP Racing master-cylinders adjustable for both span and lever ratio fitted by a previous owner which I can recommend, however I suspect these were expensive if they are still available.

Andrew...
YBista

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI the standard YB10 front brake master cylinder is from the FZR1000 model year 1989/90.This is different to the later RU version, introduced in 1991,hence why the lever you purchased did not fit .If you find any adjustable CNC levers for the early version please shout out as I'll definitely be interested.
GOOD LUCK.
Misternog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, really helpful answers! If I find any adjustable cnc levers for the early version I will let you know!
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my Dieci I have a Brembo brake master cylinder which came with an adjustable lever. Far better brakes and avoids the dead feel from the original Yamaha master cylinder.

On the clutch side I am still using the Yamaha master cylinder but with an adjustable lever. I bought the lever from Wemoto who listed it on their fzr1000 page, but I think it was originally designed for a Kawasaki zrx.

All the best

Katy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: