Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB2J parts list
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welshlamb wrote:
2bims wrote:
Brians Got the spacers set up correctly in his picture....you have to look and analyse where they "bind" up when fitted.....on the inner face of the bearings in the cush drive and RHS wheel......so that it all locks together when tightened and spins freely.....orientation of the spacers is critical to not foobarring your bearings

1) but all the axle spacers should be the same length between bikes yes? If not why a single part number??

2) the rhs spacer on my bikes (including the supposedly complete/ as built example is facing the other way Ie broad face towards the calliper bracket.

Will see if I have any photos of me earlier DB2

welshlamb

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just measured 3 sets of rear axle spacers (DB2) and one set (DB2J)
All 3 sets of DB2 spacers (wheel to brake calliper mount and mount to swinging arm) measure 30mm and 10mm respectively
The DB2J spacers measure 27 and 13mm (i.e. as per Brians photo)

Both therefore are 40mm overall but the DB2J set up would move the brake plate (and calliper) 3mm to the left (all dimensions on cush side are fixed so chain alignment is NOT affected by these variances)

Can’t see why there is this apparent variation, but thats what I can see and measure so far.

Last edited by welshlamb on Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
brian

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
welshlamb wrote:
Have been thinking about this. ....all the LH spacers seem to be 15mm on my and Brian's bikes. Given that swing arms are the same and the eccentrics are a fixed point then chain alignment must be determined by that spacer and common to all the bikes.

Then the other two spacers (provided hub width is the same?) should only effect the rear brake/disc alignment?

Will post up my measurements tomorrow. Could be that I have mixed up some parts but pretty sure not so.

I have another rear wheel spacer that came in a Centrepoint ‘mixed bag of lollies’that I bought a while ago. I was wanting the shock remote res bracket that was in the mixed bag but they wouldn’t separate, so I bought the lot. It’s meant to be a DB2 spacer, so I’ll measure it and report back 👍

The spare spacer that I have (which is labelled DB2J) measures 13mm.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
brian

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
brian wrote:
welshlamb wrote:
Have been thinking about this. ....all the LH spacers seem to be 15mm on my and Brian's bikes. Given that swing arms are the same and the eccentrics are a fixed point then chain alignment must be determined by that spacer and common to all the bikes.

Then the other two spacers (provided hub width is the same?) should only effect the rear brake/disc alignment?

Will post up my measurements tomorrow. Could be that I have mixed up some parts but pretty sure not so.

I have another rear wheel spacer that came in a Centrepoint ‘mixed bag of lollies’that I bought a while ago. I was wanting the shock remote res bracket that was in the mixed bag but they wouldn’t separate, so I bought the lot. It’s meant to be a DB2 spacer, so I’ll measure it and report back 👍

The spare spacer that I have (which is labelled DB2J) measures 13mm.

The part number label that came on the 13mm spacer reads DB2Jr 502281030, which is the part number in the DB2 900 parts manual. Of course it’s always possible that it’s been labelled in correctly by Centrepoint. I have no idea where they would have got their part numbers from?

'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
welshlamb

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they couldn’t find a DB2J parts list either! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: