Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Sheds... Garages.... Man Caves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
who

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arnie2 wrote:
WOW I just did a couple of jumps at Labertouche about 40 years ago when I was teaching down in the Latrobe valley. Biggest adrenaline rush ever but not committed enough to have gone back.

That would have been Claude Gillard's operation, Claude went onto be the president of the FAI (Fédération Aéronautique Internationale), and was awarded an OAM, for his services to the sport and country.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who wrote:
arnie2 wrote:
WOW I just did a couple of jumps at Labertouche about 40 years ago when I was teaching down in the Latrobe valley. Biggest adrenaline rush ever but not committed enough to have gone back.

That would have been Claude Gillard's operation, Claude went onto be the president of the FAI (Fédération Aéronautique Internationale), and was awarded an OAM, for his services to the sport and country.

I tried parachuting as a charity sponsored thing some 35 years ago....where you clip your release cord to the back of the pilots seat and jump out at circa 3000 ft.....I was the last of 4 out of the plane...but the first to land????...and I watched the other 3 land some time after....This to me defied the laws of Physics I'd learnt that mass is no factor in gravity.....so I questioned the instructor afterwards...…"oh yeh....thats right....if none of you used parachutes....but...when you do it slows the effects of gravity....but the heaviest travel and land twice as fast is the lightest....hhmmmmmm…..something they omitted to mention during training....it was also my first time on a plane....this freaked out a stranger I was sat next to on my first "commercial" flight....I said when coming to land that I was looking forward to landing...."why?" he questioned....Have you not flown before?...Oh yes...I replied....Ive taken off before in a plane but never landed...."Hows that?" he questioned further looking at me like I was an idiot...."Well...the last plane I was in I jumped out of it...."...I then realised this didn't help with my story.....Anyone that jumps out of a perfectly good plane that can land surely SHOULD be committed...
who

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing That's a great story Steve.
I was an aircraft engineer prior to my first jump, and we had two sayings...
You can teach a monkey to ride a bike, but you can't teach him to fix it.
And why would you jump out of a perfectly good aircraft?
However, after my first jump, I knew exactly why!
arnie2

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used older military parachutes as Claude claimed they were safer at the time. Like 2Bims we jumped from 3000 ft with static lines.
arnie2

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on topic.

Garage: Front row: Egli Honda 836 being rebuilt, MV Agusta F4 1000 312R cam cap bolt needing drilling out to adjust valve clearances.
Second row: Bimota YB6EI, 1993 Honda RS125, 1986 Suzuki GSXR 750, partners ebike.

Shed: Suzuki T500 track bike no spark & spare parts bike.

Man Cave: hindered by partners spinning gear.
Finally managed to load images. Imgur now seems hard to use with ipad. Had to resize via email and use imgur with PC.

Last edited by arnie2 on Tue May 26, 2020 1:54 am; edited 7 times in total
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arnie2 wrote:
Back on topic.

Garage: Front row: Egli Honda 836 being rebuilt, MV Agusta F4 1000 312R cam cap bolt needing drilling out to adjust valve clearances.
Second row: Bimota YB6EI, 1993 Honda RS125, 1986 Suzuki GSXR 750, partners ebike.
[img]https://i.imgur.co[/img]
I seem to have forgotten how to post an image. Working on it. Will edit once I get it.

With a post "open" on the forum....and imgut open in another tab/window......theres a menu on imgur beside each image....click on the one that says "message boards and Forums"....its then copied....click on tab with open post.....and click "paste".....theres also a "sizing" option on imgur...I use Huge THumbnail…..or somesuch...
brian

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
arnie2 wrote:
Back on topic.

I seem to have forgotten how to post an image. Working on it. Will edit once I get it.

With a post "open" on the forum....and imgut open in another tab/window......theres a menu on imgur beside each image....click on the one that says "message boards and Forums"....its then copied....click on tab with open post.....and click "paste".....theres also a "sizing" option on imgur...I use Huge THumbnail…..or somesuch...

I used imgur for a while but I couldn’t get it to work properly on my iPad, so I now use Flickr. Still ‘clunky’ and a pain in the arse

'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
who

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! I've got about as many empty stubbies on my mantle piece as well! Jinks! Very Happy

arnie2 wrote:
welshlamb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who wrote:
arnie2 wrote:

2Bims wrote.......I tried parachuting as a charity sponsored thing some 35 years ago....where you clip your release cord to the back of the pilots seat and jump out at circa 3000 ft.....

I did one charity jump back whilst at UNI. The plane took up 4 at a time and on each circuit the plane would throttle back over the drop zone and you climbed out onto a wheel platform under the wing. before pushing back off the (high-wing) wing strut.

There had been a couple of bad landings earlier with newbies dragged along runways and through thorns by a gusty wind. One guy then had to use his reserve chute and even that was late filling out...the instructors thought it was going to be 'game over. I still handn't jumped. I then watched a plane where the last to exit 'froze' whilst out under the wing. The plane revved up and went around 3 times. You could hear from the ground the instructor telling the guy to 'JUMP!!' but to no avail. On the following attempt as the plane slowed a very obvious boot came out of the plane and kicked the guy off. He landed OK but was LITERALLY as white as sheet when he was picked up and brought back to the despatch point..

All I remember after that was someone saying "Next plane RALPH!...." I made my jump but never had ANY inclination to try it again.
who

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell.... Shocked

That sounds like a nightmare load! I don't blame you for retiring after jump 1 Very Happy
LucasJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in a cold place so I resort to the basement until I get around to insulating the garage...

Work Bench:
brian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucasJ wrote:
I live in a cold place so I resort to the basement until I get around to insulating the garage...

Work Bench:

Looks like a great start to a project! What model Trumpy?
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
welshlamb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray916MN wrote:
Pics from last year. Cleared and straightened up a bit in preparation for a race watching party.

Last time I saw that KB3 it was for sale in Arizona. Guess its missing some winter sun just now! Lovely bike and awesome spec...real old skool!!
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welshlamb wrote:
Ray916MN wrote:
Pics from last year. Cleared and straightened up a bit in preparation for a race watching party.

Last time I saw that KB3 it was for sale in Arizona. Guess its missing some winter sun just now! Lovely bike and awesome spec...real old skool!!

What KB3 lambie? Have you replied on the wrong post?.....
Nito

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some fabulous man caves and collections here. I’m impressed with some of the ingenuity, it’s fascinating seeing others set ups.

Here is mine with my steeds...

The workshop at the back had an overhaul around the time of the first lockdown with the addition of the professional looking Sealey work units.

I appreciate it’s lacking in Bimota content currently but I will be making up for that shortly Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: