Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB1S Wiring Diagram

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickacosta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject: DB1S Wiring Diagram Reply with quote

So I'm the proud new owner of a DB1S, and unfortunately it does need a lot of work but I like the challenge. The carbs are almost set and properly jetted, however now I need to tackle the wiring. I suspect that the wires have not been installed properly from the previous owner who has tried to noodle around with the bike. If anyone has a wiring diagram or can help that would be greatly appreciated!
Right now I'm trying to figure out how these two (what I'm presuming are ignition modules) are wired up in front of the battery box, as well as this random switch in my control panel that I cant seem to find any information about [/img]
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

photos would help....coils ate bolted to Central frame....do you have the exploded spare parts manuals?...owners manual or workshop manual?
Nickacosta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I do not have an exploded parts manual or workshop manual, would love to find one. Luckily I've magaed to figure out all the wiring however I've discovered that the coil for the front cylinder is working intermittently and will need to be replaced. Where would I be able to find one?
Nick
Quadrasuarass

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent, check your email; cheers.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quadrasuarass wrote:
PM sent, check your email; cheers.

Are you sending him exploded manuals Quad?......if not I can email across also
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickacosta wrote:
Unfortunately I do not have an exploded parts manual or workshop manual, would love to find one. Luckily I've magaed to figure out all the wiring however I've discovered that the coil for the front cylinder is working intermittently and will need to be replaced. Where would I be able to find one?
Nick

Have you tried remaking the end at the spark plug....trimming it off....unfortunately the other end is built into the coil....so new coils would be needed
Quadrasuarass

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello 2 Bims; yes I have the same info you sent me plus a CAD developed wiring digramme that is laid out in conventional single line circuit format - more what an electrician would use. It helps me when working on individual circuits as you don't have to navigate around the fuzzy one from the manual.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quadrasuarass wrote:
Hello 2 Bims; yes I have the same info you sent me plus a CAD developed wiring digramme that is laid out in conventional single line circuit format - more what an electrician would use. It helps me when working on individual circuits as you don't have to navigate around the fuzzy one from the manual.

I always forget who I sent what....but good to see you're helping and passing info on....I'm not on here as much as I used to be...it used to suck too much out of my day....difficult to share...post pictures etc....fb is far easier...and you can upload individual files up to 100meg...in unlimited numbers for others to share and download
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: