Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Somethings Coming............
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tesikwak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. That's it ; it's official. I'm bloody jealous. Laughing
quikduk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bims:

That looks fantastic! I haven't been here much since I sold the DB6, however I too am now on the hunt for a Tesi3D here in the states.

There is a full carbon one I have been eyeing and (for now), I haven't been able to convince the owner to sell it to me...but we'll see...

...cue crazy, maniacal laugh... Twisted Evil
phil-short

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only just sussed the reg on her now..... Caps it off nicely for sure. Smile
Jaguar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quikduk wrote:
2Bims:

That looks fantastic! I haven't been here much since I sold the DB6, however I too am now on the hunt for a Tesi3D here in the states.

There is a full carbon one I have been eyeing and (for now), I haven't been able to convince the owner to sell it to me...but we'll see...

...cue crazy, maniacal laugh... Twisted Evil

Iconic has one listed.
But it is listed for as much as what Bimota Spirt wants for new ones.
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject: Just before midnight Reply with quote

Gentlefolk......a van with the registration V1 RYS left The UK on the 00.15 crossing on Saturday morning

It loaded Milan 17.00 hrs and returned to the UK 1 hrs before the ports were shutdown to the Covid Pandemic at midnight Sunday

I haven’t seen what’s on board but it is a piece of Bimota Racing history

Images will be posted and history given on Wednesday

But.....it’s here in the UK.....and it will need a full re commission

Regards

Gavin
The Scottish Engineers

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
brian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds exciting Gav, looking forward to the reveal and updates!
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
djt77

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a lovely Christmas Present has arrived...... Smile
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning to the Guys from Down Under.

Yes...it was a bit early...it was planned for Easter or later....but Bloody Brexit.

The word is it will add 30% to every classic purchase if no deal is arranged....hence the swift acquiring of said bike.

It has Ohlins front and rear and ran a 964 cc special engine.....and was a race winner or 2 or so

Any ideas?

Regards
Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

BTW.....all work on the CagivaBimota V500 has ceased.....everyone is frightened and closed

atomibart

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Gavin,
Is it a racing Tesi 1D? From Bimota Classic Parts?
Cheers
atomibart
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats big fellow ....on keeping it quiet....and getting it rushed in before the NEw Year/Brexit yaddy ya...I'll look forward to seeing the pictures....maybe sent via email....or actually uploaded by your goodself?
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djt77 wrote:
Looks great, there must be a little story in there on how this came about....... Smile

And apologies QuikDuc, Jaguar, Phil-Short, tesikwak et al......for none responses

Yes....there was a story....as there always is.....Tesi actually rolled into the UK in February this year...after another cracking road trip to Italy....although...I was merely a passenger.......and after a few months ownership in the hands of its new Owner.....it was decided to be too "new" for him...and needed nothing changing or re-engineering......so....it became available and I was in a position to release it from his grasp and tenure....and it made its way North to my place...in ...September??...from recollection
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some some time ago.....back when the world was "relatively" at peace with itself.....and human activity went around unchecked....free travel....free passage between countries.....and we could all wear smiles or smirks on our faces that could be seen and interpreted ...as opposed to faceless faces and muffled speeches......a Bimota was offered for sale out of the Blue.....said bike was previously enquired about after being seen on a visit to Italy.....when I went to collect my Borsalino bike....but we were categorically informed...."not for sale".....but then later that year...pre Xmas and Covid....the Cafe Racer 3D was offered to be purchased.....It hadnt been run or tested, or checked in anyway....questions and myths banded about said bike....Empty engine cases...just a "mock-up"....etc etc.....prices offered were as is....or "checked and road readied".....deliberations followed...during which time....the seller sent a few pictures.....with the comment that..."if not want Tesi Cafe Racer.

...we have zis also.....".................................Oh Shite......I wanted it....but i wasnt quite in the position to buy it...AND....I was caught further between a rock and a Hard place.....as I was only sent the pictures below to offer to the Tesi Cafe Racer buyer as an "alternative"...but I had another equally good friend/Bimota lover that ALSO would possibly have loved tohave the opportunity to buy this....But who the frig do I call first???....With all the Woe and worry in the world since...I rightly cant recall....but....the Tesi Cafe Racer 3D buyer.....wanted the Cafe Racer and no other......and my other friend....well...he wanted the MotoCorse 3D one off special...as below...so it all worked out OK

Note the special adjuster eccentric/concentric on the front swingarm (I can never recall which is the right word)....trialled here on just this one Tesi after it was trialled on the Cafe Racer 3D

2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike is Painted as a MotoCorse Tesi3D.....with Wilbers suspension front and rear, infinitely adjustable for preload, ride height, compression and rebound and Hi and Lo speed adjusters......usual brembo brakes and discs and Oz Racing wheels and full carbon bodywork save for the tank.....It answered a question I always lingered for an answer...."Surely MotoCorse dont buy a full finished Bimota.....then strip it all down and repaint everything..."....Welll...No and yes.....if the customer wants a unique bike...yes...but Bimota sometimes sent the bikes painted ready to go....stickered up with the MotoCorse badges etc.....I sense upon arrival in Italy a small truck load of special MC titanium bolts and jewels get fitted on....and whatsoever extra the customer wants dependant upon the depth of his pockets....

So...we are in 2020.....Cafe Racer 3D is being worked on in Italy...to discover what Bimota "finished"...or moresover....what they didnt finish....and thats one prospective Owner happy....albeit a little impatiently awaiting finish and delivery.

And...its feburary....but a pleasant February....theres some murmour about China having inbred Wombats with the Devil...and then someone cooked and ate it and fell a little poorly....The World Health Organisation travelled to investigate...and published on their website "Not communable between Humans"...Believe me...I read their report...on their own website...So....the 2nd "customer"/friend/colleague/Bimota lovervague/rogue acquaintance.....choices for said persons to apply as he so sees fit.... Planned a Road trip

Whoopee.....This is why I like to try and help put people together and their bikes....Road Trips....my funnest most enjoyable vacation.....because life isnt always about the destination....like going on a bike ride....its all about the journey....and life is what you yourself make of it...End

Big Van

Apparently it only has a small battery though....which was discovered on our first morning in France.....that said battery was "dead"....apparently ...some form of coolbox paraphernalia attachment ....was left attached to said vehicle......

Nobody carries jump leads anymore do they??...Hey Ho...a local Renault garage was located on foot...and the most proficient french speaker of the pairing was dispatched to negotiate a "jump".....and this was after both members of the pairing drew up Michelangelo and Picasso versions of a "set of jump leads" to aid in the chosen persons quest....and deliberation was had over which artists drg was "the Best...." or such a time to be competitive.....not really suited...

It was adjudged by one ruling party that one party was more guilty or culpable of the oversight of leaving one peripheral item of electrical gadget plugged in overnight.....so said person accosted a frenchie spanner monkey and van from said Renault garage.....Neither painting/interpretations of "jump leads"were used to convey ones distress to said Frenchie......After an exchange of Fluid Euro notes until he nodded....the obsolete van...once again became a conveyance and the journey resumed

toilet trips...runs for butties/coffee and fags were made one person at a time....as truck was left ticking over burning the environment up...for fear that it wouldnt start again...

2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...the skies were blue....the exterior was a tad frosty, but then so was the interior....sombre mood....quiet contemplation....even the Tunnocks Scottish Marshmellows had been "ruined" by leaving them in the electric (part time) powered cool box...2nd charge levied at the guilty party...I could sense the Judge was reaching for his Hanging Wig...and the jury had not yet even been sworn in....

From thence forth...the scenery did the talking

the miles/Kilometres rolled on by...hundreds of them....coffee....fuel....fags....but not all injected by humans...and not always in that order....Oh...Baguettes...No Euro trip is complete without baguettes

On and on...into the night

I spied where I may be incarcerated if I ever left the cool box plugged in again....

No...the guilty party...spied such place...my bad

The Judge offered the guilty party a 2nd incarceration establishment....

I think I could manage ok in there...as long as I got ....as long as the guilty party ....got a room with a view....

Our usual rooms in our usual Hotel were checked into...and as usual...we were the only 2 staying there....as usual....we walked down the only street we walk down....past the Tabac shop....and on...to the only bar/restaurant in the town

Food, drink and much merriment was had...and hands were rubbed in invisible buckets of glee that we had made it to our 2nd nights stop

Oh I do wish those girls are well....and all those others in Italy.....Signing off for now...as I've kinda "jumped in" on Big Gavs thread here about his new "Somethings coming"....wouldnt wish to steal his thunder....
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hhmmm...2Bims...always seems to be at the thick of things.

Just to give you a timeline.

I first was invited to Italy to see the DB11VLX after they saw that I was building my own....they smelt a sale

After doing the deal and agreeing to but THE actual DB11VLX...I was shown the Borsalino bike and reported back to 2Bims it may be for sale.

2Bims came with me to collect the DB11VLX and did the deal on the Borsalino.

Whilst agreeing the 2Bims purchase we spied the Tesi Caferacer.

A friend of 2Bims wanted this and during discussion it was offered then kind of retracted as it was not for sale.....as it was not anywhere ready ...yet

A MC Tesi was offered in its place and possibly a clay model new Tesi prototype the Bimota were working on.

The CafeRacer was completed and sold to 2Bims friend and as the prototype disappeared I bought the MC Tesi....2Bims came with me to collect.

The MC Tesi sat in the garage and no bonding took place...it was too beautiful.

Noth8ng could be done to it....it was simply stunning

I bought a set of MC tapered endcans from MC and started to re Engineer with Racefit new under seat exhausts.

It was like asking Kylie to dye her hair black.......a waste of time and money.

2Bims offered to buy the bike rather than me making it worse by trying to make it better.

2Bims took delivery and added trinkets....Lordy.

I searched for something older more mature and something that I could work on and not just dye its hair.

Tomorrow you will see what it is...it is in the van after being sanitised and will stay like that 7ntil the 72 hrs have passed.

Mickey the driver who picked up the bike was tested b3fore he left and once he arrived back again...

As an employee he is a HGV driver and thus exempt from self isolation.

Also we did not want to added to Italy’s woes by bringing in anything.

So there you are ....probably more understandable than 2Bims explanation...maybe not.

All of the above took place over almost 30 months.

And I laughed a lot....but not at 2Bims leaving cool box on all night draining the battery on a time sensitive journey

More tomorrow

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 35 of 36

Jump to: