Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Your opinions on this db2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fms

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Your opinions on this db2 Reply with quote

I've been keeping an eye out for a db2 in the states and have found several but was off on the timing to grab the bike. This is the most recent one for sale and although it isn't as nice as others i have seen for sale its still a bimota. Just curious what you guys think about the shape of it and its value the way it sits.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bimota-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZalgoQ3dLVIQ26ituQ3dUCIQ26otnQ3d5Q26poQ3dLVIQ26psQ3d63Q26clkidQ3d8902187646242318863QQ_trksidZp5197Q2em7QQitemZ110681009792#ht_500wt_1182
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds ok - but you'll probably want a respray at some point. The fairing looks fixable.
Not so keen on the added green or the amount of stickers but that not really the end of the world.

I guess it comes down to how much you want a DB2 and whether you think one will come along anytime soon. Set yourself a max bid and use a snipe tool so you get carried away.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FMS - Did you end up as the lucky winner of the DB2? Seems to have gone for a low price I would say.
Can't quite recall from the advert whether the seller actuallt said whether it was running or not.
Quite a few things would need renewing if its been sat for a few years, fuel lines, cam belts, possibly cam belt tensioners, wheel bearings, certainly tyres, brake lines etc. If you won let me know and I can give you a run down if necessary as my DB2 had been sat for seven years when i got it and put it back on the road
fms

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't able to get to a computer in time to bid on the bike. The last time i checked the price it was at $5,400 with the reserve not met. The seller told me he wouldn't let it go for less than 7,500 so i was shocked when i came back later in the day to find it sold for 6,000.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: