Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB1 paint codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shay001

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:22 am    Post subject: DB1 paint codes Reply with quote

Hi guys, this might already be featured somewhere in the DB1 section, but I'll ask anyway. I have already posted the same question on the UK facebook page but not everybody is on facebook.

when I bought my DB1 it had reproduction bodywork, wrong fasteners, no tool compartment and pretty bloody rough all round.

So I am not sure if it has been painted correctly, I need paint codes if they exist. Now I know Bimota Classic Parts does have bodywork, but repeated requests for a price have been ignored, my inquiry as to whether or not it was painted simply received a "thumbs up" when the answer I needed was one of 2 words, painted or unpainted.

I can get DB1 bodywork made here, but unpainted (hence my question about paint codes) cost unpainted about $2000 (AUD). So, does anyone know of other sources of fairings? What are the recommendations?
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a place in America that does street and race fairings for the DB1....all unpainted

https://www.airtech-streamlining.com/bimota-fairings-seats-fenders-parts/bimotadb1.htm

Someone sent me some paint codes for oldie bimota a while ago so I'll see if I can dig it out
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The white thats used is pearlescent...as is the green....the red is a flat red....expensive to have painted as its something like a 6 paint process....as red can leach into white....so its prime....then pearl white....then key for lacquer...then lacquer...then key and spray on red....and then the green and then lacquer on top...
shay001

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's ok, I remember the late Bron Brightling of Daytona paint in Wollongong painted the first DB1 which I had to sell, he did a beautiful job and it cost but fair enough, because I'm sick of asking 5 and 6 times for prices from a certain person
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: