Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Broken DB5. Doubts and fear

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:38 am    Post subject: Broken DB5. Doubts and fear Reply with quote

Good morning.
I am new to the forum. I am writing to you from Spain.
After a long time wishing to have an Italian sports car, for a few months now I have a DB5 Mille. It is one of the first DB5, from 2006.
The motorcycle is damaged, a broken cylinder. I have no information as to what happened to the previous owner. It's just that shortly after having it, after 1,000 or 2,000 kilometers, he had the flu and I don't know the causes. Seized a single cylinder.
I read In the reports of the time that the first units of the DB5 had a problem with the ignition and defects when rolling certain mechanisms. That is certainly a drawback.
But what worries me much more is what some have posted on the forum: I have seen that some have also had problems with a broken cylinder, like Pablo DB5, and they told him that it was due to an ECU calibration failure.
I am repairing the bike and if there is a small problem with the set-up, and the carburetion is not perfect, it will not be a big problem for me.
But what does give me fear, panic and great horror, is to think that there may be a problem with the ECU that causes a new cylinder rupture.
I have a connection cable and a CD, which I don't know what is inside. In the Workshop Manual, there is talk of a software for the diagnostic tests of the motorcycle. I suppose it will be what it brings. Of course, for a few days I won't be able to verify that he has the CD. I will also try to take a photo of the cable and its connection and upload it to the forum. And I will look at which is the broken cylinder, if the front or rear.
I don't have much knowledge of mechanics, and even less of electronics. That is why I am writing to you, asking how to act and if you can give me information to a newbie.
-What should I do?
-How can I verify that the ECU is good or is not going to cause a break?
-I have seen many messages in which you exchanged the diagnostic program, a piece of software. What is it for?
-What is Pegasus? What's the difference with the Walco?
Finally, I request your help and advice.
Sorry if there is any strange expression or word, because I use a translator. Thanks in advance.
Juan
jamormar1@upo.es
+34 676492225
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: