Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Fuelling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Fuelling Reply with quote

Hello - I've just got myself a nice, factory standard BB1 (right down to it wearing the original tyres that it left the factory with, by the looks of it Shocked).

I've only done about ten miles on it so far, and generally it runs fine, although there is definately a fuelling issue in there - it idles high and coughs and pops every time that I throttle-off.

After all this time and minimal use (it only has about 2500 miles on the clock), a carb stripdown is almost certainly necessary, but I wonder whether I should go a step further and just get it dynojetted... should I go a step further still and pop a different carb/set of carbs on, and get it set up properly?

Opinions/experience gratefully accepted..

Thanks,
Mike
bimotanige

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike
Only had mine a couple of months. They do tick over quite high - mines about 1200rpm but it is easy to adjust as there is an adjuster that will be on the lhs of the bike that you can turn to lower the tickover. Its looks like a rubber hose with a crosshead in the end of it- mine was tucked behind the frame near the carb. If you cant find it let me know and I'll send you the picci from the manual. otherwise mine runs fine - have a look at some of the posts they may help you. Suggest you go around the bike and threadlock/ use nylock nuts everywhere as mine fell to bits on its first long run!!! Now I know why it has that lockable box in the tank - tools and spare nuts and bolt space.
Nige
hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the idle control thanks. Rode it for the second time today.

On a faster road, and pushing it harder than I've had the opportunity it had a regular repeating cough at about 6000rpm in fourth. I'm no expert in these things, but it very much felt like it wasn't getting enough fuel and the RPM plummeted for a second until I throttled off and wound things back.
atomibart

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

The problem is probably due to the modern fuels containing more and more ethanol. The carburettors don't like it at all.

I think the carburettors need to be cleaned by ultra sounds and fine tuned.

That is what I am going to do on my Supermono which the same problem as yours.

atomibart
hindsight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it turned out, the problem was with the rev-limiter module, see my other post about ignition..

Thanks,
Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort..... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: