Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DIECI chain/sprockets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whybeeten

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: DIECI chain/sprockets Reply with quote

Its time for a new c/s on my Dieci,and i'm not sure whether the chain thats on is 530 or 532,i cant see any markings on it,is there any other way of telling?,and will i be able to fit a modern 530 chain on the existing sprocket sizes?...i read somewhere else on here that the front sprocket is off a Yam but the rear is different,would the only difference between a 530 and 532 rear sprocket be in the width?...a lot of questions i know but if anyone on here can help it would be great.

Ta.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually go to B+C Express for chain and sprockets, give them a shout and see if they've got it on file.

Maybe get the front and rear sprokets off and see if they have any marks on. If there's a code then it will tell them what the chain pitch is.

Have you considerred a 520 ??? just as strong but lighter
Planter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found Talon very helpful for the rear sprocket. Seem to remember around GBP25 for the sprocket. For an Antera wheel the TR327 46 530 works.

Front sprocket is from a FZR1000.

If memory servers the 532 is not a common chain. My dieci has a 530, but if you are not hammering the bike then Evil's suggestion of a 520 is worth considering in order to reduce weight. Would need 520 sprockets to go with a 520 chain.

Triple S chains seem good value for money and is what I fitted.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

B&C did an alloy rear sprocket for me for the Dieci (from memory about £35). I went for a 530 chain and sprockets (532 is too much like hard work to find) and used a normal FZR front sprocket.

All the best

Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: