Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

HELP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a complete set of mikuni carbs from an sb6r on ebay now... cornwall. I searched under bimota as we all do and it came up starting at 50 quid...
oily

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Pompey, spotted them as soon as they came on ebay. The seller is being a bit evasive about which model they came from. They are all jetted differently and to put a set of slingshot carbs to SB6r spec would be the best part of £200. Water cooled would be a better bet, but he's listed them for both oil cooled and water cooled. Might have a bid just for spares now I know exactly how much mikuni bits are and how hard they are to get hold of. A lot of mikuni bits are main stealers only Shocked
oily

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, totally re-jetted carbs to bimota spec and guess what, still runs like a bag of spanners. Will only run with the choke on and then wont run above 4500 rpm and that's with the floats set ridiculously low. That's it for now, not spending any more money on these carbs. I need to find a set from a water cooled 1100 Crying or Very sad
BB1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id try putting your pilot jets back to 2 turns out first and see if it starts like that.
oily

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB1 wrote:
Id try putting your pilot jets back to 2 turns out first and see if it starts like that.

Me no understand Rolling Eyes

do you mean the air screw, as this is the only adjustable part that i can find. All the jets are screwed home tight Question

Have now totally stripped them and am soaking them in a bath of soapy water and white vinegar over night. I'm then going to blow everything through and carfully re-assemble them and give them one last go before I consign them to the spare parts box Wink

found several sets of watercooled carbs now but th breakers want between £120 and £220 for them Shocked
BB1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes The pilot jet air screw. Richen it up.

http://www.factorypro.com/tech_tuning_procedures/tuning_carbtune,CV,high_rpm_engines.html

I'm presuming they're CV carbs.
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am at work in the states at the moment but have been assured my SB6 will be ready after a make over for the 4th December... so thats the date you need to be done by! We will both post pics by the 6th?
oily

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I was hoping for it to be sortd before then, but i'll try and drag it out Laughing

Sould have the carbs sorted in the next couple of days but, no doubt, I'll have stumbled across another problem by then Wink

Remind me closer to the date Wink
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Probably worth putting a wanted add on http://oldskoolsuzuki.info/ . Hopefully someone on there will have a set of carb from a water cooled one.

All the best

Keith
oily

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea Keith, Cool site, It's started me looking for a spondon or martek monster again Laughing
BB1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought but most dyno placed charge about £250 to set up your carbs. Would that not be a better compromise to shelling out on new (2nd hand) carbs that may or may not work? Then it would be spot on without the guesswork.

Carl
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Probably will be required as well. Down side is that the dyno is not going to do about setting up any problems related to a pressurised airbox.

All the best

Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: