Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bargain!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BB1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Bargain! Reply with quote

The plan for the day was to try and sort out the pieces of gearbox of my Bimota that are liberally sprinkled on every surface of the garage.
So this morning my father dropped in and asked if I wanted to go to an Autojumble for the morning as we needed some theadlock and it was a good excuse to rummage in some boxes that shouldn't be passed up.

We got to the Autojumble about 9am and it was heaving with people. After a quick cuppa we headed off to peruse the piles and piles of junk that everyone was trying to sell as "useful"

It was amazing to watch all these classic bike fans eyes light up as they stumbled on the 3 4/7 bsi threaded bolt they'd been searching for for 20 years. Or the fork springs to fit a 1903 Henkel Wachimacallit.

Then it was my turn. Out of the coner of my eye I spotted an engine in a big pile (literally) of other engines. It just turned out to be the exact same type of engine that the Bimota uses and not only that it was made within a year of the Bimota's engine.

"keep calm" t thought to myself as I casually sidled over to it and gave it a casual kick.

"how much" I said, trying to look as disinterested as possible.
"85 quid"

Well, I'm looking at a parts bill of at least £450 for the Bimota so I almost squeeked with glee.

Looking as calm as I could muster I asked if he had a plug spanner to see if it would turn over. He mumbled and tried to find one before saying, out of the blue:

"I'll tell you what, do you want it for £30 as parts"?

I nearly fell over!

"Done"! I said.

So I've now got it stripped and lying next to the other one and every part I needed is there... and then some. I've now got a spare everything!

Clutch basket, gearbox, output shaft as well as everything else.

I have to rate as the best bloomin' bargain I've ever bought.

I've been smiling all day. It was a great big splodge of serenditity.

Oh, and there were two SB6 owners there too.

Carl
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you old chap! Sometimes good things happen to good people... I am going to try to get a stall at the Feb autojumble in Bristol to get rid of all my extra's. Maybe catch up there!
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Bargain! Reply with quote

BB1 wrote:
Oh, and there were two SB6 owners there too.

What is the scrap value of an SB6 owner these days Laughing .

All the best

Keith
oily

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kama dude Wink
Pompey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends on the amount of titanium holding his bones together.. If the the widow is part of the package then in my case the value will go down considerably.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: