Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

My new bike! SB6R

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RWG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: My new bike! SB6R Reply with quote

Hi To All,

Bike delivered Friday, spent all night stripping down to clean and re assemble for a ride today, what was the artical I bought of ebay about! (handling, not a complete package). I have ridden a lot of bikes including the original GSX1100k1 I think, now she had issiues but this thing is awsome hard on wrist but I will get use to that and what a wide tank!

Anyhow early days should get a few miles on her soon, presentl only showing 1,330km, should be nice and easey for a short time, I will compare her to a few ducs I Have of similar age 99/06 and will then compare.
Quetion I have is, after stripping down and greasing up every last nut and bolt then putting back together I only then noticed pilot light bulb not working 1: Can I replace bulb with out removing top fairing. 2: What oil do you recommend as I will be dropping oil out after run this week end.
Cheers
Paul
RWG Very Happy
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilot light ????
Do you mean a panel light ... ? You can remove the screen and then take the instraments off, but to be honest it's so tricky (on an SB6) that it's faster to take the fairing off.

Oil - semi-synth 10/40w. The brand isn't an issue.

Spark Plugs though - don't bother with irridiums and get a spare set because when it doesn't start it will be the plugs, the 1100W engine eats them.
RWG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Evilchicken0,

Sorry should have said headlamp pilot bulb?
Thanks for info plugs & oil on Monday.

Cheers
Paul
RWG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: