Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Tesi 1D sr

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RWG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Tesi 1D sr Reply with quote

Well you don,t see many of these for sale (Ebay) and a Tricolor, I have to say two of my most favoured bikes since a late 80s and still this day.

I am not sure what he means by last of the 1D I seem to recall early tesi had 851 and where considered flawed Surprised heavey engine, over heating ect, then came 1D with 904 motor< I assume like 907ie? but the last of the 1D was the ES with different body work or am I mistaken please let me know, I am even considdering selling car and premium bonds to try and raise funds.
Cheers
Paul
RWG
PS may have recently bought SB6r for sale if thought it would be the right way to go!
atomibart

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

All Tesi 1Ds used the liquid-cooled Ducati 851 engine. No exception.
The 904 cc engines had there bore (or stroke ? can't remember) increased by Bimota themselves.

The Tesi 1D on ebay seems, according to the seller, to have all the features of the Tesi 1D ES (904cc block, Furano rims, machined front swing arm, Ohlins suspensions...) but with a 851 fairing.

FWIW I would say the price is too high.

atomibart
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Tesi 1D sr Reply with quote

RWG wrote:
Well you don,t see many of these for sale (Ebay) and a Tricolor, I have to say two of my most favoured bikes since a late 80s and still this day.

!

Sign of the times, not only the one in Italy, but exact same model also on Ebay in the States for sale, the tricolor version, which was the last look of the bike, until the Final Edition one that came out in Dark grey, and even a couple with cut away bodywork to show the hand milled frame linkages between the front and back ends (looked it up last night). Bike looks right, and both bikes at a premium price, but possibly because of their little to no use showroom condition. In there lies the problem, buy at those prices and cosset them as a work of art in your Lounge. Or buy and spend a couple of grand at least in re-commissioning works to get them back on the road and useable to ride. I wouldn't trust anything that was made of rubber on them, including seals in calipers, master cylinders, bearings will have dried out, not to mention fuel/coolant hoses etc. And I'm not even going to mention the carbs or gaskets in engines etc
My DB2 had been sat for 7 years in a warm dry place, the fuel hoses had gone ceramic hard, and I had to mini dremel them off the connectors, and have since had to replace the master cyclinders as the seals went (brembo don't do seal kits), and all 3 calipers have been replaced, tyres as well obviously, cush drive rubbers, you name it the list goes on...
A running one, not in showroom condition, would be far cheaper but at least useable. Mehtinks these are just for trinkets to stare at.
A DB2FE that sold at Route 65 in Yorkshire was destined to just sit in the guys office reception. Didn't even want the belts changing or engine recommissioning
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmm £22000 for a Tesi or £19500 for a DB1.........
To quote Antonio in Lecche, when I picked his DB1 as my favourite in his collection, "ahh - Rolex!"
But then I like DB1's more than Tesi's.
990Glen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Tesi 1D sr Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
(brembo don't do seal kits)

It may not apply to a lot of the much older stuff, but it is possible to get more current seal kits for brembo items like calipers etc.
You will find that KTM usually have separate parts kits for brembo, that folk such as Ducati deny are available.
Just a thought for the future.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Tesi 1D sr Reply with quote

990Glen wrote:
2bims wrote:
(brembo don't do seal kits)

Try KTM.

Might be an idea, its not the Ducati guys that deny exisitence though, more the brembo boys on "culpability" in case the seals are fitted wrong (also nice way to generate more business), their website also doesn't offer kits, at least for the master cylinder, that went on mine, Geekay had the same issue also. If anyone knows of any kits, please post, as I have several calipers and master cylinders that I could refurbish over winter, cheers
990Glen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stuck on a boat in the baltic till Nov, but I have the workshop manuals/spares fiche for several of the bigger KTMs from the last 5 or 6 years. I will dig them out when I get back and see what is available.
stockcar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a lot of dealings with Brembo in this country (UK) through the car side of things and also have contacts for 2-wheeled stuff and now from (painfll) experience they are not an easy company to deal with unfortunately............

however i am happy to do any digging/sourcing that helps members out

just let me know, alyn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: