Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Tesi 1D front swingarm question?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgeV

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Tesi 1D front swingarm question? Reply with quote

Can someone tell me when the change from a welded front aluminum swingarm on the TESI 1D changed to a solid machined billet unit?

Thanks.
atomibart

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Theoretically the machined billet front swingarm was introduced wih the Tesi 1D ES model and was also used on the Tesi 1D EF

But with Bimota (Italian) you never know.

I know some Tesi 1D ES that have the welded one and some late Tesi 1D SR that have the machined one...

One very interesting information would be to know how many 1D ES, among the 50 made, actually have the machined billet unit.

atomibart
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could very much be like a lot of Bimotas, in that its what ever stock they had or what stage the bikes were in when an order was received to finish them off. Like with most Bimota series, they have a unique engine frame, but there was random use of the numbering. Db2 , db2Sr and Db2FE were all same plaques running from 1 -650ish, but you may have a SR that was numbered 200.
I will consult the Bible later for you George
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atomibart wrote:
Hi,

Theoretically the machined billet front swingarm was introduced wih the Tesi 1D ES model and was also used on the Tesi 1D EF

atomibart

Spot on, as confirmed by Mr Sarti, the 50 Tesi 1DES and 25 Tesi 1DEF, all were listed as having front and rear swing arms made of Avional and are machined as opposed to cast or extruded and made of Anticorodal.
Would love to have the 01/25 TESI 1D EF, apparenly the only one of the 25 with a silver plaque and the only one with a semi fairing, showing the cross struts

How much for a one off????
Oh Darn it just checked the Swiss Bimota Register, and Mr Giorgio Sarti owns it!!! Even though this was the last one supposed to be built it has frame Number 307 yet earlier ES versions are listed up to 330, shows that they had a bucket of plaques/frames and randomly chose
GeorgeV

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for all the info - I think from the information you have given me and the VIN # from the recent Ebay auction of the 1995 Tesi 1DSR, that it may be a Importer put-together….. (one of two made).
daotoys1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read the fine print at the bottom of the back page of every BIMOTA sales brochures it says something like this;

" BIMOTA pursues an ongoing research and development programme and therefore the company reserves the right to modify its products without notice and without obligation to do the same modifications to those products already sold".

In mid stream production run of a given model being made, at any given time BIMOTA may make a design change and/or change a parts supplier for that given model. Since they are so small this makes perfect sense. Its not like one of the giant bike manufacturers who introduces changes most often with the intro of either a new model and/or a new run of production.

I have seen small differences between BIMOTAs with consecutive serial numbers. If BIMOTA runs out of a given part for whatever reason they may replace that part with a change introduced to the model.

I have some other exotic European cottage industry made bikes and they do similar things in their production runs ( Benelli, Vertemati, VOR, Fantic, and TM for example.....not to mention classic bikes from the 1960s and 1970s where small European manufacturers commonly did this same thing).

It can make finding parts a bit more complicated.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Tesi All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: