Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

BB1 Manual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bimotanige

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: BB1 Manual Reply with quote

Hi, anyone have a manual or parts list for the BB1. Ive the little Bimota handbook and a BMW 650 manual. Just wonderd if there was an official one.
Anders

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: BB1 Manual Reply with quote

bimotanige wrote:
Hi, anyone have a manual or parts list for the BB1. Ive the little Bimota handbook and a BMW 650 manual. Just wonderd if there was an official one.

There are an official parts list, and even a workshop manual. I have photocopies of both. I acquired them from the bimota enhustiast circle in the UK http://www.bimota-enthusiasts.com/
I don't know if they still sell these books.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some on ebat at the moment, some cheeky monkey asking a pretty price for pure photocopies. I can pass on Glen wilsons contact (Bimota Enthusiasts person) who should have the manuals you're looking for, normally used to charge 15 squid a piece for CD rom scanned copies, then view and print what you need
bimotanige

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks chaps -I have a contact for Glen and I'll drop him a line Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: BB1 Manual Reply with quote

[quote="Anders"]
bimotanige wrote:
There are an official parts list, and even a workshop manual. I have photocopies of both..

Nige, are you after them for "completeness" or for use? I'm sure Glen has them but maybe ask Anders if they are any use. I bought the Bimota DB2 workshop manual, and whilst its "all there" its pure pants to actually do anything with it, basically it tells you how to remove the fairing and thats about it. Whereas the YB11 manual even gives you shim clearance adjustments etc, and enables a full service to be carried out. The DB2 version is like Penguin books whereas the YB11 is more Encyclopaedic in its worth. I was happy to have the DB2 version but have filed it away never to be looked at again
bimotanige

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there is a question for friday morning! usually they have some small nuggets of info, but as you say they are variable in quality. I'll drop Glen a line and ask him, unless he replies through the thread.
Smile
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glens official listing stated that he had photocopies of the WSM, Exploded parts manual and Handbook for the BB1, prices for photocopies were around 15-20 depending on size, but he also had a lot on disc, handier I think
GeeKay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't find a copy of the BB1 manual Nige?

you must be in the

Very Happy
bimotanige

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh sooooooooooooo
Anders

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: BB1 Manual Reply with quote

[quote="2bims"]
Anders wrote:
bimotanige wrote:
There are an official parts list, and even a workshop manual. I have photocopies of both..

Nige, are you after them for "completeness" or for use? I'm sure Glen has them but maybe ask Anders if they are any use. I bought the Bimota DB2 workshop manual, and whilst its "all there" its pure pants to actually do anything with it, basically it tells you how to remove the fairing and thats about it. Whereas the YB11 manual even gives you shim clearance adjustments etc, and enables a full service to be carried out. The DB2 version is like Penguin books whereas the YB11 is more Encyclopaedic in its worth. I was happy to have the DB2 version but have filed it away never to be looked at again

The bb1 manuals are pretty useful, at least the spare parts manual, as the info contained there cannot easily be found elsewhere. One good thing about the Bimota part numbering system is that the BMW parts still carry their original BMW part number. I have had reasonable success bringing my bb1 parts manual into my local BMW car dealership when ordering parts.

The workshop manual is also quite OK, but if you have the original BMW one (which is better), the main thing to be had from the Bimota book are the tightening torques of the non-engine bolts (which is not a bad thing). I find that the BMW book is getting used and dirty, while the Bimota one sits on the shelf.
bimotanige

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info Anders, Like you I find any extra piece of info to be of use Nige Very Happy
bimotacarbon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you sill seeking for the bb1 booklet let me know i have one at the moment and will send you a copy if required without benefit for me ( that's the whole idea after this forum...my opinion).
bimotanige

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive managed to obtain one - thanks a lot for the offer Smile
Verstaenie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: BB1 manual Reply with quote

Hi Bimotacarbon,

I would be interested in a digital copy of the manual!

bimotacarbon wrote:
If you sill seeking for the bb1 booklet let me know i have one at the moment and will send you a copy if required without benefit for me ( that's the whole idea after this forum...my opinion).

Thanks a lot in advance! Very Happy

Kind regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort..... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: