Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

how many left

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MARTIN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: how many left Reply with quote

Learned this from TOP GEAR last night
makes interesting reading Rolling Eyes

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=bimota

(00) SB6 (95) HD FXDWG STRETCH (01)GSXR1000K1
oily

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is interesting marty BUT not too accurate i would think. Laughing
check out the huge amount of yb9's Laughing
MARTIN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought a bit inaccurate also Rolling Eyes

Understand information is supplied by DVLC and
is machines registerd in UK ONLY both on road and SORN Exclamation

Corona

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB4 carb or injected? My DB4ie is otr but not on the register on this website, maybe a scam to find out who and where for a buyers site
MARTIN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you read info below, it becomes apparent why IN THE UK some
bikes are not shown under "model" depends on how they are registered
with DVLC

How Many Left is a database and search engine of statistics about car, motorcycle and commercial vehicle models registered with the Driver Vehicle and Licensing Agency (DVLA) in the United Kingdom.

My aim with this website is to make public data more accessible to the average motoring enthusiast. If you have any feedback, or if you spot any errors - please feel free to contact me. My details are at the bottom of every page.

Which cars are in the database?
The database covers all vehicles that have a valid tax disc or a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN). It doesn't cover cars that were off the road prior to the introduction of SORN, or cars that have never been registered on the road since manufacture.

If you can't find your car, it doesn't mean that the DVLA thinks it doesn't exist!

Most vehicles are listed under the make and model recorded on their V5 documents. In some cases though, the make and model name isn't properly recorded and the the vehicle will be counted under one of the following alternative categories:

Another similar model from the same manufacturer.
eg. The author's Subaru Legacy GT-B is counted as a Subaru Legacy, because the GT-B is a Japanese model that was never sold in the UK.
The 'Missing' model from the same manufacturer.
eg. A Bugatti Veyron is counted as a 'Bugatti - Missing', because the Veyron model hasn't been registered on the DVLA database.
An 'Other' make and model.
eg. A Pagani Zonda is counted as an 'Other Italian - Missing', because the Pagani make hasn't been registered on the DVLA database.
What does 'Missing' mean?
The explanation that follows is from a draft guidance document to be published shortly by the Department for Transport (as soon as it's published, I'll add a link to it on this page).

It should be noted that the make and model names as given in the tables is exactly the same as recorded by DVLA and (in the vast majority of cases) will be identical to what appears on the V5 document.

As outlined in section 3, there are some conditions under which individual vehicles either have no model name or it is seemingly incorrect:

Modern vehicles which are on general sale in the UK have DVLA model names as defined by manufacturers. This usually does not include Mark (Mk., or version) numbers so in most cases it is usually impossible to distinguish between vehicles of the same model name but of a different Mk. number. Similarly, manufacturers may not choose to use the full model name within the description.

Vehicles from before 1963 are less likely to have a specific model name or any model name at all. Model names would only have existed if the manufacturer created one at the time.

No model codes exist for imported vehicles or models which have not been on general sale in the UK (or are sold in the UK under a different make or model name). In these cases the DVLA operator will either try to find the nearest, sensible, match to the name as written on the V55 form, or will record the vehicle in the ‘model missing’ box. The former is often done when keepers want something to appear on the V5 document for insurance purposes. The nearest match would usually be a shorter, more generic term for the vehicle.

Small-volume manufacturers who do not take part in SMMT’s coding scheme will often register their vehicles without model names. This is also very common for commercial vehicles.

Multi stage build vehicles (especially motor caravans): if these vehicles are converted by body builders in the UK they are likely to have model information relating to the base chassis but if they are imported to the UK as a finished vehicle they are unlikely to be coded.

Any vehicle of a given model name which cannot be located in the data tables will most likely be included in the ‘model missing’ categories.

What does 'date of first registration' mean?
Date of first registration is the date that a vehicle first became known to the DVLA. This is usually the same as the year the car was built.

Imports will be counted under the year they were brought into the UK, and some restored classic vehicles will be counted under the year they were brought back on the road.

Where does the data come from?
The data is based on the "Vehicle licensing statistics" data published by the Department for Transport, which in turn is extracted from the DVLA's vehicle database.

The following tables of statistics are used:

VEH0120 Licensed vehicles by make and model, Great Britain, quarterly from 1994
VEH0121 Vehicles with a Statutory Off Road Notification by make and model, Great Britain, quarterly from 1997
VEH0124 Licensed cars by make and model, by year of first registration, Great Britain, annually from 2010
VEH0125 Cars with a Statutory Off Road Notification by make and model, by year of first registration, Great Britain, annually from 2010
VEH0160 Vehicles registered for the first times by make and model, Great Britain, annually from 2001
You can download the original data here.

vort28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May not be the most accurate , but looking at the list it is possibly the cheapest Bimota ( BB1) that is the rarest. What an investment they were !!
Just a shame its like riding a 3 foot female sex toy.
Corona

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know sex toys had a gender but I do live a sheltered life Shocked
tlracing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
...a 3 foot female sex toy.

With a flat head to balance me pint on, that sounds about perfect Smile
Bimsb6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also consider that some dodgy moped importers registered some chinese scooters as bimotas .
moikl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My SB3 is shown in the registration document as a Suzuki gs1000.
Bimsb6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moikl wrote:
My SB3 is shown in the registration document as a Suzuki gs1000.

it was probably a kit bike .
moikl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the early ones were all kit bikes.Mine was built by Dixon racing using a new Gs1000 as donor and marketed as a new Bimota.Why they chose to register it as they did I dont know.It would be great to hear from anyone connected with Dixons in those old days.
Bimsb6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moikl wrote:
I think the early ones were all kit bikes.Mine was built by Dixon racing using a new Gs1000 as donor and marketed as a new Bimota.Why they chose to register it as they did I dont know.It would be great to hear from anyone connected with Dixons in those old days.

there were some factory bikes going way back
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: