Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New Clocks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corona

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: New Clocks Reply with quote

Cruising through the net I found one of these

It does the usual speed and RPM but also has 2 programmable lights for engine over temperature shift light and all sorts of other widgety bits (doesn't make the tea though) I'm looking to replace the clocks on my DB4ie as the originals use a rubber mounting system which keeps failing allowing the clocks to "float" on the remaining rubber mount Evil or Very Mad it has three mounts but I don't notice until 2 give up and that means an afternoon putting it right Mad . This unit looks the dogs danglies and I'm seriously thinking of fitting one as all in it would cost about a £125, any thoughts on the subject or if you have used one could I have some feedback or tips please
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

There are a few other similar units around. If you google for "Acewell" you will find a load, in loads of different styles.

All the best

Keith
Corona

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought one, £74.95 +£5 pnp, Shop I have bought it from is fitting one to an S2 Monster Duke today which is virtually the same setup. As the fitting of said unit progresses I shall keep a blow by blow account of the whole episode (with pics)
oily

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a brand new, never fitted ACEWELL for sale if anyone's interested Wink
Corona

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update of sorts. Got the unit fitted, ran the speedo sensor from the rear wheel and fitted some colour specific 12V LEDs from Maplins I even made a nice bracket to fit it all to and took photos .. Ha job done I hear you say! but no I saw a nice HID kit with slim ballasts and had to buy it (burns holes through cardboard at 80 paces Twisted Evil ) making all previous bracketry somewhat er good for f*** all.
Still got enough space to play with for mounting the mobile phone next to the speedo unit, said phone connection via bluetooth to a GPS reciever and stereo headphones/mic in my crash hat. Just got to figure the widgets for the power supplies,, sounds like a lot of bollock ache though, I could just put a bracket on there to hold my credit card and my toothbrush so I don't have to carry them in my pockets when I go touring its just such a hassle having to get yer wallet out at the gas stations Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: