Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

rear light yb 9 sri

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakoblt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: rear light yb 9 sri Reply with quote

Hi

Hope there is someone in here who can help me Very Happy I am thinking of ordering this rear light for my yb9 sri.
Does anybody know if it will fit, because it says yb 9 sr in the add.

Link : http://viewitem.eim.ebay.dk/BIMOTA-YB9-TNT-SPIKY-LED-LEXUS-REAR-LIGHT/290588692975/item

Or this one : http://viewitem.eim.ebay.dk/BIMOTA-YB9-LEXUS-STYLE-CLEAR-REAR-TAIL-LAMP-UNIT/270667348050/item

Hope there is someone in here who can help Very Happy

Brgds

Jakob
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be all right, if you like the bling bling type. There are lots out there as the same unit exactly is still used today by other manufacturers, Yamaha Aerox 50 scooter, BMW motorcycles also. Same rear light used on a lot of Bims, YB11, DB4 etc. Some folk have bought from china which has combined indicators in the mens and reckon they're OK also
zombie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cagiva raptor too...
jakoblt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Very Happy I think its to bling as well, but the alternative i the original. So if you have some links where I can find some other I would be very happy.

rgds

Jakob
laminator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your original broken? Or are you wanting to change it for an LED version?

I'm not sure if the YB9 SR and SRi rear lights are the same.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the bible by Mr Sarti, the only distinguishable differences are the carbon fibre air ducts set alongside the windshield, and the parking light now set in the headlight, and the fairing now breaks down into 3 pieces to make it easier to dismantle, but theres no shots of the rear light unit
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIMOTA-YB9-CLEAR-LED-REAR-LAMP-/280750463709?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item415e081add
The above gives listings of other bikes with same rear unit, but no, it doesn't list the injected model
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIMOTA-YB9-LEXUS-STYLE-CLEAR-REAR-TAIL-LAMP-UNIT-/270667348050?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3f0507f852
jakoblt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much to all of you.
I am still looking for a light, So if any of you in here have some suggestions I would be very happy

rgds

Jakob
vort28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try one of these. Got one on my yb11 and db4.
Quality seems ok, although elec connector has to be removed and suitable connections put on, but not the end of the world.
They say 12-24 days but always got mine within the 12 days and at 17GBP which strangely enough is the limit for duty and VAT, there is nothing else to pay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-LED-Red-Tail-Light-BMW-Bike-F650-F800-256-/400183745796?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5d2ccf5d04
jakoblt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It look s nice. What are the problem with the electric that you mention? And how have you solved that? And thank you for the suggestion Very Happy

rgds

Jakob
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electrical connector is not a straight fit to the Bimota wiring. It is supplied with a 3 pin small connector
On the YB11 this was easy, the bike harness was a 3 large pin connector that went straight onto the back of the light. Just a matter of cutting the supplied connector off the light, putting 3 large spade connectors on the wires, and then plugging the individual spade connectors into the YB's multi connector. I guess the yb9 will be similar set up.

The wiring/connectors on the DB4 are better quality, so sealed connectors etc, so a bit more work.

Well within the skill set of the average Bimota owner.
jakoblt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha yes i guess so. I just changed the original blinkers to some carbon ones in LED nobody told me that I had to fit some more wirering to get it to blink as it should. But got it to work:)
laminator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you after a new light because the old one is broken? Or, you just want to change the original to an LED version? Smile
jakoblt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
It dosent have to be an LED but just one that look more up to date. It looks like its stolen from a moped. So im open for anything Very Happy
jakoblt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the original is working fine. I just dont like it Smile

rgds

Jakob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: