Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB 7 That is for sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: SB 7 That is for sale Reply with quote

The SB7 on autotrader and Ebay is also up for auction on 22nd oct at brooklands racing circuit weybridge surrey. Estimate is £6500 to £9000.It is though that this is one of only 200 made for homologation purposes for the World Superbike racing. This 1994 Bimota SB7 came out of Galleria Bimota, the UK dealership at the time and was prepared as Terry Rymer’s spare racing motorcycle. Terry Rymer won no fewer than 147 races in his Career. In 1985 he won the BMCRC 250cc and 350cc championships. He later won the 1990 British Superbike Championship, as well as the 1992 and 1999 Endurance World Championship. He was a regular in the Superbike World Championship every year from 1988 to 1994, with 2 wins, 9 further podiums. He rode at the 1992 British motorcycle Grand Prix and placed 6th. He made a handful of 500cc Grand Prix starts for Suzuki in 1996. Subsequently he returned to the British Superbike championship with some success - five race wins in 1996 with a Ducati, and one in 1998 for Suzuki. He won the prestigious Bol d'Or race five times, and the 24 Hours Le Mans motorcycle race once. This example is fitted with two, six-piston AP race callipers, 320mm AP low profile race discs Stäubli quick release hydraulic connectors to the front brakes, the rear are fitted with a double-action Brembo calliper on a 230mm brake disc and AP fully adjustable radial master cylinder. Extras which are fitted include Carbon Frame guards, carbon footrest hangers, carbon mirrors, carbon exhaust heat shield, GP rotary steering damper, works exhaust and CNC folding clutch leaver. This super bike is in excellent condition and has only covered 8,150 miles from new and is supplied with a V5C registration document and a new MoT test certificate

Anyone interested. I am but I don't use my SB6R enough and the SB7 would be a gorgeous ornamant.
jtl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Sb7 looks fishy now Reply with quote

Been net snooping and I've noticed that the Sb7 was previously advertised on James List ( expensive stuff from dealers only). Advert now suspended due to bike either being sold or removed. The ad mentions the sp brakes and the photo is identical BUT it states the mileage is 14000.

Ebay states 1400

Auction states 8150

If bike is kmh then 14000 kmh is 8750 miles

Or has the ebay ad knocked 10k of clocks

Like the banks no one knows where the mileage has gone
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two very different bikes. The one in the auction has been up for sale all over the place. Last time I heard of it was on micapeak a few months ago.
It has quite alot of mods, different forks / wheels/brakes etc, were as the ebay one looks quite standard.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Go along with Vort, the Auction bike at Brooklands was previously up for sale with all its mods at MadeInItalyMotorcycles, but has since been removed from their stock, price was 7,500 from recollection, although undersold methinks as Terry rymer wasn't mentioned. I noted it for its wheels, AP brakes and its Carbon fibre wing mirrors, sad really but its because my DB2 has Bimota log'd carbon fibre wing mirrors also, and was heavily modified (engine, suspension etc) at the very same Galleria dealer down south. Never seen the same carbon fibre mirrors anywhere else on a Bimota. Maybe the Galleria has stock made, they are identical in size to the plastic version, and not simply a "wrap" as they weigh lighter
djk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rymer one is for sale again on the motorcyclenews website, pretty sure its the same bike but with a 9995pound price tag on it. Im fairly sure that if it didnt sell previously at 7500 10k could be a stretch. Trick bike but i think im a snob as i do prefer my Bimotas standard-ish, besides an aftermarket pipe i like them original.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: